|Department||Office of Management and Enterprise Services|
|Date Opened||9/1/2017 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||10/20/2017 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||up to $70,000 based on education and experience.|
|Full or Part Time||
A resume and cover letter must be submitted along with your application.
The Office of Management and Enterprise Services (OMES) provides financial, property, purchasing, human resources and information technology services to all state agencies, and assists the Governor’s Office on budgetary policy matters. Our mission: Supporting our partners through unified business services.
The OMES mission requires a highly-qualified workforce committed to making government run in the most efficient, innovative manner possible. Achieving that mission takes team-oriented, solutions-driven professionals who understand the importance of partnering to achieve success.
The Information Services Division (ISD) is seeking a full time, unclassified Project Manager for our Oklahoma City location. We offer a comprehensive Benefits Package the competitive annual salary up to $70,000 based on education and experience.
This position is assigned responsibilities related to overall tactical planning and leadership for developing information systems to meet agency requirements for information technology. This position works with users, senior management, and others to identify and define long-range information services requirements; develop a plan of approach; determine budgets, scope, and resources required; and provide project leadership for key technology initiatives. The position performs activities in the knowledge areas of project integration, scope, time, cost, quality, human resources, communications, risk, procurement, and stakeholder management for information technology projects for the state of Oklahoma.
• Collect project requirements, define scope, create work breakdown structures, and verify and control scope of projects
• Define activities and sequence of activities, estimate resources and durations, and develop and monitor schedules
• Plan, monitor, and control project work, perform change control and close out activities
• Utilize project management tools for task tracking, reporting status, financial tracking, and resource utilization reporting
• Estimate costs, determine budgets, and control costs
• Develop plans for quality of product and project, perform quality assurance and quality control, and ensure product quality
• Develop a staffing plan, acquire, develop, and manage the project team
• Identify stakeholders, develop and implement the communication plan, distribute project information, manage stakeholder communications, and report performance of the project
• Develop the risk management plan, identify risks, perform qualitative and quantitative risk analysis, develop risk responses, and monitor and control the project risks
• Plan, conduct, and administer procurements for the project, utilizing state procurement staff and policies
• Project integration management, including developing project charters
• Ensure projects are completed according to agency specifications and are properly documented
• Plan project stages and assess business implications for each stage
• Monitor progress to assure deadlines and standards are met
• Develop and manage work breakdown structures for projects
• Develop and update project plans for projects, including information such as project objectives, technologies, systems, information specifications, schedules, funding, and staffing
• Manage project execution to ensure adherence to schedule and scope
• Serve as a liaison between stakeholders, business, and technical aspects of projects
• Assign duties, responsibilities, and spans of authority to project personnel
• Facilitate communication upward and across project teams, including project status, justifications for variances, and technical information
Requirements include six years of professional experience in information technology or project management, or a two-year degree in computer science, management information systems, business or related field plus three years of experience.
This position requires a fingerprint based background check.
OMES is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities may be provided upon request.
Veteran's Preference Points Apply only for initial appointment in the Classified Service.