|Department||Department of Wildlife Conservation|
|Date Opened||11/8/2017 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||11/22/2017 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$35,030.00 Yearly* *Salary commensurate with experience and education|
|Full or Part Time||
Position: Heavy Equipment Operator
Location: NW Regional Office Byron, OK – Location of domicile must be approved by immediate supervisor. Proof of education and experience and demonstration of ability will be required.
Summary of Job Duties:
Under the supervision of the Lake Maintenance Supervisor, will be responsible for maintaining, building and repairing lakes, spillways, dikes, levies, roads, ponds, assisting with habitat restoration projects, and any other construction work deemed to be necessary on Department lakes and public lands. Service, repair and maintain equipment to keep it in optimum operating condition. May assist hatcheries with heavy equipment dirt work, and welding repair and fabrication. May be required to be certified as a Reserve Game Warden and perform law enforcement duties a small percentage of time and participate in the inter-divisional training program to better assist with other division projects.
Must have the ability to:
• Operate heavy equipment, boats, motor vehicles, lawn mower, tractors, trucks and ATVs, with various attachments.
• Operate and use firearms, cutting torch and welding equipment.
• Must be able to lift, carry and use outboard motors, fencing materials, lumber, building material, hand tools, chain saw, and fire suppressing equipment.
• Lift and carry heavy objects.
• Walk and jog over rough terrain for extended periods and endure various extremes of outdoor weather conditions, and be able to swim.
• Work extended hours and weekends and may be required to stay overnight out of town.
• Communicate clearly and effectively in public speaking situations and be able to express oneself clearly and concisely in writing.
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
Requires high school diploma, or equivalent, and two (2) years formal training in a specialty or trade school or equivalent.
Requires three (3) years previous experience as a heavy equipment operator. Must have a valid “Class A” Commercial Driver’s License (CDL).
Knowledge and Skills:
Knowledge of operation and maintenance of heavy equipment is required. Skills in welding and construction are needed.
Proof of education and experience and demonstration of ability will be required.
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.
Veteran's Preference Points Apply only for initial appointment in the Classified Service.