|Department||State Department of Health|
|Date Opened||5/8/2018 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||7/5/2018 10:30:00 AM|
|Salary||commensurate with experience.|
|Full or Part Time||
JFD: Preventive Medical Consultant
Working Title: Chief Financial Officer
Location: Financial Services
PIN #: 34002573
A Personnel Transaction Freeze Exception Request will be obtained prior to a job offer being extended.
Position will be open until filled. Please be advised that applications will periodically be considered, as such this position could be filled any time.
The bi-weekly hiring rate established for this position is commensurate with experience.
This position will oversee the overall success of the financial and budgetary functions of the agency. This position will direct, plan, and supervise the activities of Financial Services, assists in the development and implementation of the agency business plan and strategic financial plan, ensures compliance with governmental accounting standards, and presents the financial status of the agency to the leadership of the Department and the Board of Health.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Assists and provides consultation to the Commissioner of Health and the Office of the Chief Operating Officer in setting financial management objectives as well as tracking organization performance against objectives.
• Provides extensive analysis and interpretation of financial data for the purpose of measuring agency budget performance and providing consultation to agency leadership, the Board of Health, State Legislature, Office of Management Enterprise Services, other state and federal partners.
• Assists in the review and enhancement of business processes in the areas of accounts payable, accounts receivable, grants, procurement, budgeting and funding, including identifying diverse revenue streams that support the agency’s mission.
• Oversees the production of monthly reports including financial reports and budgetary projections for use by agency leadership and the Board of Health.
• Attends Board of Health meetings and provides consultation to the Board of Health Finance Committee as well as Ethics, Audit, and Accountability Committee as needed.
• Coordinates the development and submission of the annual budget to the Office of Management and Enterprise Services; oversee, assist and support efforts to identify, apply for, receive, and manage federal grant funding.
• Consults with internal and external auditors regarding internal or independent audit findings; coordinate activities of independent auditors ensuring all A-133 audit issues are resolved, and the preparation of the annual financial statement is in accordance with federal, state and other required regulations.
• Ensures adequate controls are in place to safeguard financial assets of the organization and that proper documentation is retained and readily available for financial audits and other inquiries and consults with the Chief Operating Officer on systemic changes needed to improve control processes.
• Participates in the preparations of the agency business plan.
• May assume a leadership role in the Incident Command Structure during agency Emergency Response Efforts or other duties as assigned.
• Supervises and manages the functions of the agency’s Financial Operations Unit, including managing staff; ensuring the proper utilization of resources to achieve desired results; adhering to federal, state regulations and agency policies; review and present budget documents and reports; and ensuring competency and development of staff.
• Develops and implements long-range plans for creating efficiencies within the Financial
Operations Unit; promotes a high level of customer service in all administrative functions, emphasizing continued improvement in communications with internal and external clients and in achieving the public health mission.
• Serves as liaison with the Oklahoma Office of Management and Enterprise Services for Financial Information systems.
Education and Work Experience:
Requirements consist of a bachelor's degree in business management, economics, accounting, finance, or a closely related field, and a minimum of five years of professional experience. Three years of experience must include budgets and fiscal oversight responsibility, policy and decision making experiences in the areas of budgeting, finance, or analysis of financial operations.
This position has preferred qualifications:
Leadership experience in governmental administration of budgets and financial systems in excess of $100,000,000 or applicants possessing a CPA, MBA, MSA.
Applicants who demonstrate they possess the minimum qualifications (education and experience requirements) and the preferred qualifications will be given additional consideration during the interview process.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Knowledge of the principles of public administration; of federal and state laws and regulations relating to public funding and contracting; performance management; developing and administering agency policy; governmental budgeting process; state general revenue funds, federal grants, contracts, and other revolving funds. Knowledge and skills to implement and maintain financial information systems. Ability to plan, coordinate, and implement projects as directed; to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others; to communicate effectively both orally and in writing; to interpret, analyze and resolve complex fiscal and personnel problems
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT WORKING AT THE OKLAHOMA STATE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH CLICK HERE
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.
Veteran's Preference Points Apply only for initial appointment in the Classified Service.