|Department||Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services|
|Date Opened||6/1/2018 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||6/18/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$20,420 annually + .43¢shift differential and .75¢ weekend differential. 10 hour shift/ 3 week|
|Full or Part Time||
Fire Prevention & Security Officer I
The Oklahoma Department of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services (ODMHSAS) is responsible for providing services to Oklahomans who are affected by mental illness and substance abuse. ODMHSAS strives to provide persistent, incremental improvements in the quality and effectiveness of treatment which results in better recovery for more Oklahomans. Our state-operated facilities are commissioned to provide services that promote consumer empowerment, wellness, recovery, and integration in the community.
Griffin Memorial Hospital (GMH) is located in Norman, Oklahoma, and serves all 77 counties in Oklahoma as the Department of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services (ODMHSAS) treatment center for adults. GMH provides community crisis stabilization and residential treatment for substance abuse and co-occurring mental health and trauma related conditions.
Griffin Memorial Hospital is committed to creating a nonviolent and trauma-informed culture through the seven (7) Sanctuary Commitments. Those Commitments are - Non-Violence, Emotional Intelligence, Social Learning, Shared Governance, Open Communication, Social Responsibility, and Commitment to Growth and Change.
Full-time (10:30pm-8:30am shift) - $20,420 annually + .43¢shift differential and .75¢ weekend differential. 10 hour shift/ 3 week rotating schedule.
• Positions Performs a variety of tasks involving patrolling and inspecting buildings and grounds within assigned areas and enforcing laws, rules and regulations in safeguarding life and property. Tasks include inspecting hydrants and sprinklers for proper operation; checking fire extinguishers, emergency lighting and alarm systems for proper condition; inspecting places of public assembly for any violation of security or fire prevention practices; administering emergency measures; instructing institution employees in firefighting, first aid and other security procedures; responding to fire alarms and determining causes; and assisting in firefighting activities if required.
• Generous benefit allowance to off-set insurance costs
• Flexible Spending Account
• 11 Paid Holidays
• 15 days of vacation and 15 days of sick leave the first year
• Retirement Savings Plan with a generous company match
• Employee Assistance Program
• Longevity Bonus for years of service
Reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities may be provided upon request. EOE
IF YOU ARE A CURRENT OR FORMER PERMANENT, CLASSIFIED STATE EMPLOYEE, PLEASE APPLY TO THE “INTERNAL JOBS” LISTING HERE. DO NOT APPLY VIA THIS RECRUITMENT.
Positions in this job family are assigned responsibilities at a state facility or institution involving the inspection of buildings and grounds for elimination of fire hazards, enforcement of laws, rules and regulations and providing security against acts of terrorism for state facilities, employees and the public. This may include patrolling assigned premises to identify and correct fire hazards, providing assistance to employees or visitors, directing traffic and performing other duties related to the protection of state property, employees, visitors and others. Some positions may be primarily responsible for fire prevention activities and have additional responsibilities assigned for assisting in firefighting activities.
The Fire Prevention and Security Officer job family has four levels of work which are distinguished by the complexity of assignments, the level of expertise required to perform the duties assigned, and the responsibility assigned for providing leadership to others.
This is the basic level where inThe Fire Prevention and Security Officer job family has four levels of work which are distinguished by the complexity of assignments, the level of expertise required to perform the duties assigned, and the responsibility assigned for providing leadership to others.
Education and Experience requirements at this level are none.
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.
Scores based on: 100% Non-Competitive
***NOTE: Names of eligible applicants can be made available to State agencies upon their request, immediately following the closing date and time.