|Department||Department of Environmental Quality|
|Date Opened||6/4/2018 09:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||6/18/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Full or Part Time||
Located in the Land Protection Division, Site Cleanup Assistance Section in the Oklahoma City office.
**Please Note: May be filled as a Level I, II, III or IV. Applicants must apply to each level for which they qualify.**
Major Job Duties:
1. Review technical reports, proposals, and remedial designs submitted by consultants and submit written responses. Be familiar with relevant rules, regulations, and guidance documents.
2. Work as the project manager on various remedial action projects within the Tar Creek Superfund Site.
3. Work with local communities, elected officials, and other state and federal agencies to meet program goals.
4. Perform engineering inspections during construction phase of cleanup and perform engineering review of design and construction documents; Work in the field two or more days a week.
5. Provide technical assistance to DEQ customers.
6. Attend public meetings to answer questions and present information about the Tar Creek Superfund Site.
7. Work with the Site Remediation Section to investigate a variety of sites to determine the nature and extent of contamination in various media (soil, water, air, dust). This includes collection of environmental samples, evaluation of sampling data and preparing written reports recommending future steps.
8. Prepare work plans, scopes of work, bid packages, evaluate bids, and perform all aspects of project management duties including administrative duties and providing oversight during all phases of investigation and remediation of contaminated sites.
9. Prepare written reports, update files and update webpage.
All interested applicants must submit their resume and transcript at the time of application.
An EEO Employer.
IF YOU ARE A CURRENT OR FORMER PERMANENT, CLASSIFIED STATE EMPLOYEE, PLEASE APPLY TO THE “INTERNAL JOBS” LISTING HERE. DO NOT APPLY VIA THIS RECRUITMENT.
Positions in this job family are assigned responsibility for providing engineering expertise, guidance and technical assistance to state agencies, consultants, and the public. Incumbents accomplish this by performing engineering tasks and by reviewing and evaluating the work of consultants, contractors and facility operators, under the supervision of a professional engineer.
The Engineer Intern job family has five levels that are distinguished based on the complexity of the engineering assignment and the level of expertise required by a specific position.
This is the career level for experienced engineering interns who perform advanced technical engineering duties in support of a program or project. This level provides advice and guidance as opposed to directing engineering activities.
Education and Experience requirements at this level consist of registration as an Engineer Intern and two years of experience in the practice of engineering subsequent to registration; or an equivalent combination of education and experience, substituting a master’s degree in engineering for one year of experience in the practice of engineering.
This position will involve performing on-site field work. Overnight travel will also be required.
Must be able to walk long distances, walk in difficult terrain, climb ladders or stairs, wear personal protective equipment including a respirator, and be able to carry up to 25 lbs. of equipment.
Persons with out-of-state registration as an Engineer Intern must transfer their registration with the State of Oklahoma through the Oklahoma State Board of Registration for Professional Engineers and Land Surveyors no later than six months from the date of appointment. Persons will not be granted permanent classified status without a valid Oklahoma registration as an Engineer Intern.
All interested applicants must upload a copy of their resume and transcript to their application submission.
Scores based on: 100% Qualification Review.
***NOTE: Names of eligible applicants can be made available to State agencies upon their request, immediately following the closing date and time.