|Date Opened||6/6/2018 12:00:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||7/11/2018 09:30:00 AM|
|Full or Part Time||
All qualified applicants should submit resumes to:
This position is opened until filled.
The Oklahoma Insurance Department has an opening in the Financial Division for a Rate Analyst I. The vacant position is a level 1 in the Financial-Rate and Form Career Path, with a salary of $37,000.
Under immediate supervision, review and analyze rate, manual rule and form filings to ensure compliance with Oklahoma statutes, regulations and case law.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Electronically review and analyze insurance filings, such as rate, rule and form filings, for final disposition
• Assist with problems, questions or projects concerning insurance rates, rules and forms
• Communicate with companies in writing or by telephone regarding information relative to specific filings or Oklahoma requirements in general
• Engage in specialized studies of various insurance issues
• Provide assistance in locating filings or information in filings for the general public or insurance industry
• Perform related work as required or assigned
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
• Develop and expand insurance knowledge including marketplace and laws
• Should have intermediate level knowledge and skill in Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word, Outlook, and have the ability to learn SBS and SERFF software
• Maintain effective working relationships internally and externally.
• Manage time effectively to meet deadlines
• Must be able to work independently and within a group
• Must possess good customer service skills, handling confidential work with tact and discretion
• Represent the Department internally and externally effectively and professionally
• Communicate effectively
• Must possess strong organization skills with the ability to multi-task
• Must be detail oriented but able to see the “big picture”
• Understand statutes, regulations, policies and procedures and how to apply them to conduct the business of the Department
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Applicants should have property and casualty experience with a preference given to applicants with multiline commercial experience.
Bachelor’s degree with one year of experience working with rate, rule, or form filings is required. Preference may be given to applicants with strong mathematical skills.
Employees of the Oklahoma Insurance Department cannot have an immediate relative who is financially interested, directly or indirectly, in any insurer, agency or insurance transaction (except as a policyholder or claimant). Nor Upon hire, any applicant who is licensed as a producer/agent, adjuster or is otherwise affiliated with any entity that is regulated by the department must surrender their license and terminate any financial or non-financial affiliation with the entity that is regulated by the department.
The selected applicant must pass a background check.
Individual may be required to pursue NAIC designations as job duties require.
Employees of the Oklahoma Insurance Department are unclassified employees of the state.
To see a complete list of benefits offered by the State of Oklahoma to employees of the state click on the following link.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Veteran's Preference Points Apply only for initial appointment in the Classified Service.