|Department||Bureau of Narcotics and Dangerous Drugs Control|
|Date Opened||6/8/2018 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||6/25/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$2,928.87 per month|
|Full or Part Time||
Registration at OKC Headquarters
The Administrative Assistant I will support the Registration Section - non supervisory
Positions in this job family are assigned responsibilities for providing administrative support for program areas and support functions, or serve as an assistant to, or provide administrative support to an administrator or an official. This may include customer service roles and similar duties and responsibilities. It also include responsibility in performing duties involving the processing of applications for various types of permits or licenses, maintaining various records, preparing correspondence or other materials, and similar activities.
The functions within this job family will vary by level and organization, but may include the following:
• Corresponds with registrants to maintain compliance under state and federal statutes.
• Initiates correspondence requiring knowledge of agency or program procedures and policies.
• Develops and maintains confidential or complex files;
• Scans documents and uploads to electronic registrant files.
• Interprets and enters data to support program rules, regulations, and laws.
• Prepares mailing projects and receives and routes registration mail as necessary.
• Represents agency as a professional subject matter expert by supporting registrants making inquiries to meet compliance rules.
• Coordinates activities with internal and external customers.
• Supports the Bureau by covering customer service responsibilities as the primary back for the front desk.
• Interviews callers, arranges appointments, and handles office details.
• Enters and retrieves information using Personal Computer or other data processing equipment and receives and reviews coded and decoded source documents; reviews data and makes routine corrections.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities required:
Include knowledge of spelling, punctuation, and business English; of business mathematics; of modern office methods and procedures; of the maintenance of complex records; and of the major policies and procedures governing assigned programs. Ability is required to maintain effective working relationships with others; to handle confidential work; to interpret and handle routine matters in accordance with agency policy; and to follow oral and written instructions.
Application materials must be received by 5 p.m. on the closing date.
Send OPM-4B if needed to:
419 N.E. 38th Terrace
Oklahoma City, OK 73105
Please contact HR if you need further detail. 405-530-3145.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Positions in this job family are assigned responsibilities for providing administrative support for program areas and support functions, or serve as an assistant to, or provide administrative support to an administrator or an official. This may include supervising an administrative or clerical unit, responsibility for an administration program providing various services to agency customers, and similar duties and responsibilities. It may also include responsibility for supervising an assigned staff of administrative technicians in performing duties involving the processing of applications for various types of permits or licenses, maintaining various records, preparing correspondence or other materials, and similar activities.
The Administrative Assistant job family consists of two levels, which are distinguished, based on the level of complexity of specific job assignments, the extent of responsibility assigned, and the level of expertise required for the completion of assigned projects.
This is the career level where duties and responsibilities will be performed at all levels of complexity. Employees may supervise others.
Education and Experience requirements at this level consist of four years of technical clerical office work or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.