|Department||State Department of Health|
|Date Opened||6/8/2018 08:00:00 AM|
|Full or Part Time||
Working Title: Regional Administrative Director
PIN #: 34002224
Position will be open until filled. Please be advised that applications will periodically be considered, as such this position could be filled any time.
The bi-weekly hiring rate established for this position is $3,533.50.
The duty station will be located in one of the counties covered and will be determined upon hire.
Counties Covered: Alfalfa, Blaine, Garfield, Grant, Major and Woods.
This position will be the Regional Director for Alfalfa, Blaine, Garfield, Grant, Major and Woods County Health Departments.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Develop and recommend policies, rules and regulations which pertain to the administration of assigned programs consistent with federal and state laws; participate in program analysis, including the analysis of problems and needed services.
• Direct studies of needs; review and analyze information from studies and projects for immediate and long-range development.
• Advise subordinate program staff and other interest groups of the proper interpretation and application of agency rules and policies.
• Review periodic staff reports, administrative audits, program activities and other information to evaluate program effectiveness and quality of services.
• Develop controls to assure accountability for program operation, policy implantation and the maintenance of efficiency in various units, which includes developing and managing sound personnel policies and practices.
• Provide consultation to internal and external customers including central office program staff, community partners and emergency response partners.
• Participate in community coalition development and enhancement to participate in community assessment, health improvement planning and strategic planning.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Knowledge of federal and state laws and regulations relating to the administration of a county health department; of the principles, methods and practices of the various programs being administered; of the organization, development and administration of the programs for which responsibility is assigned; of supervisory principles and practices.
Ability is required to plan, coordinate and evaluate the activities of multiple work units and divisions engaged in a broad range of public health functions; to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others; to communicate effectively both orally and in writing; to interpret, analyze and resolve highly complex budgets, administrative and personnel problems; to communicate management goals to staff and the public.
Education and Work Experience:
Education and experience requirements consist of a master's degree and minimum of four years within the last eight years of experience in public health in organizations including, but not limited to, local or state health departments, federal health agencies, hospitals, voluntary health agencies, home health services, health maintenance organizations, preferred provider organizations, health planning agencies, health clinics or similar health-related organizations.
Experience should also include a minimum of two years supervising staff.
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT WORKING AT THE OKLAHOMA STATE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH CLICK HERE
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.
Veteran's Preference Points Apply only for initial appointment in the Classified Service.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|