|Department||Department of Environmental Quality|
|Date Opened||7/11/2018 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||7/25/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Full or Part Time||
Located in the State Environmental Laboratory Services Division, in the Metals Unit, in the Oklahoma City office.
Major Job Duties:
Position will be under general supervision of the section manager:
1. Perform environmental testing on public and private water, hazardous waste, soils, and biological tissue in support of state and federally funded environmental projects using approved standard operating procedures and Work Instruction Documents.
2. Prioritize, and schedule for analysis all samples and required quality control according to State Environmental Laboratory (SEL) policies. Review, validate and accurately enter all sample results, quality control data and quality assurance information into the laboratory information management system and quality control databases.
3. Thoroughly document all actions and decisions associated with the generation of analytical data as well as maintenance of instruments and equipment.
4. Assist with the inventory control of all supplies and consumables required to perform testing. Assist with general housekeeping to include sample control and disposal.
5. The candidate must have strong written and verbal communication skills.
6. The candidate must be able to read, understand and interpret technical/scientific documents, regulations and methodologies.
7. The candidate must conduct all work in accordance with the Laboratory Quality Assurance Plan, Data Quality Manual, Safety Manual and Ethics & Data Integrity Program.
8. The candidate must be able to independently lift 20lbs.
All interested applicants must submit their resume and transcript at the time of application.
An EEO Employer.
IF YOU ARE A CURRENT OR FORMER PERMANENT, CLASSIFIED STATE EMPLOYEE, PLEASE APPLY TO THE “INTERNAL JOBS” LISTING HERE. DO NOT APPLY VIA THIS RECRUITMENT.
Positions in this family are responsible for planning, performing, implementing and supervising laboratory analyses, quality assurance and special studies. This includes analyses and studies used to determine compliance with state and federal rules, consumer protection regulations, agriculture products standards, highway construction materials specifications, and environmental quality of lakes, rivers, aquifers and air. These positions will provide consultation and assistance in the formulation of regulations and standards. Laboratory specialty areas will include chemistry, biology and physics.
The Environmental/Chemical Laboratory Scientist job family has four levels of work which are distinguished by the complexity of assignments, the level of expertise required to perform the duties assigned, and the responsibility for providing leadership to others.
This is the basic level of the job family where employees are assigned duties for performing routine entry level work in evaluating regulations concerning analytical data and methods, applying them to performance of assigned analysis, preparing technical reports for special studies, and making recommendations on remedial actions to correct problems. In this role they will perform tasks involved with routine chemical analysis and report preparation, and will assist with technical investigations, planning and implementing research projects, and complex chemical analysis. Assigned duties may include sample preparation and extraction, gas chromatography, gas chromatography mass spectrometry, liquid chromatography, atomic absorption spectrometry, inductively coupled plasma spectrometry (ICP) and ICP mass spectrometry, ion chromatography, flow injection, radio chemistry, wet chemical, biological, microbiological, and physical analyses.
Education and Experience requirements for entry at this level consist of a bachelor's degree in chemistry, biological or environmental science.
Applicant must upload a copy of their transcript and resume to their application submission.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.
Scores based on: 100% Evaluation of Education and Experience listed on the supplemental questionnaire.
***NOTE: Names of eligible applicants can be made available to State agencies upon their request, immediately following the closing date and time.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|