|Department||Department of Transportation|
|Date Opened||7/11/2018 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||7/25/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$64,761.90 - $68,000/year|
|Full or Part Time||
Traffic Engineering Division Announcement - Oklahoma County
• Responsible to supervise and manage the plan production and development for all traffic engineering plans for all eight divisions.
• Supervises a minimum of eight professional and/or technical staff in the preparation of departmental plans, maps, projects and reports.
• Provides training, guidance, expertise and assistance in CADD operations and transportation management operations to professional and/or technical staff.
• Computes geometry for layouts and details of engineering drawings, plans, and maps; earthwork and material quantities and schedules for traffic engineering designs.
• Prepares engineering drawings utilizing CADD applications for such features as lightings, signings, cable barriers, guardrails, signals, and temporary traffic controls plans.
• Performs a variety of technical, professional and administrative tasks requiring considerable background in CADD operations, transportation management operations, departmental plans, and traffic engineering background.
The Oklahoma Department of Transportation (ODOT) ensures that no person or groups of persons shall, on the grounds of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, retaliation or genetic information, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be otherwise subjected to discrimination under any and all programs, services, or activities including all employment practices. To request an accommodation, please contact the ADA/504/508 Coordinator at 405-521-4140 or the Oklahoma Relay Service at 1-800-722-0353.
IF YOU ARE A CURRENT OR FORMER PERMANENT, CLASSIFIED STATE EMPLOYEE, PLEASE APPLY TO THE “INTERNAL JOBS” LISTING HERE. DO NOT APPLY VIA THIS RECRUITMENT.
Positions in this job family are responsible for performing professional computer aided drafting and design (CADD) work and transportation management operations work developing departmental plans, maps, projects and reports.
The CADD Specialist job family has six levels which are distinguished by the level of the complexity of specific job assignments, the extent of responsibility assigned for a specific task, the level of expertise required for completion of assigned tasks, and the responsibility assigned for providing training and/or supervision to others.
Incumbents at this level are assigned responsibility for the supervision of professional and/or technical staff in performing CADD work. This will include responsibility for assigning, reviewing, and checking the work of others, completing performance evaluations, approving leave and initiating disciplinary actions.
Education and Experience requirements at this level consist of six years of experience in CADD work; or an equivalent combination of education and experience, substituting six semester hours in CADD, engineering, mathematics, or a closely related field for each year of the required experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience, substituting the completion of one month of a vocational or technical training course in CADD for each month of the required experience.
Applicant must upload a copy of their transcript to their application submission.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.
Scores based on: 100% Qualification Review.
***NOTE: Names of eligible applicants can be made available to State agencies upon their request, immediately following the closing date and time.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Application NOW using the Internet.|