|Date Opened||7/16/2018 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||10/4/2018 08:26:00 AM|
|Salary||Salary for this position will be determined by the Commissioner.|
|Full or Part Time||
Email resumes to: email@example.com
The Oklahoma Insurance Department has an opening for a Deputy Commissioner of Captives. The salary for this position will be determined by the Commissioner.
This position is open until filled.
Under the supervision of the Commissioner of Insurance, the Deputy Commissioner represents the Oklahoma Insurance Department (OID) before regulators, the industry, and oversees the review of captives licensed in Oklahoma. The Deputy Commissioner serves in a supervisory role that would coordinate subordinate staff and independent contractor activities and work with providers and the general public in completing these duties. Advocate policies of the Commissioner as a member of the executive team. They will represent the OID before various state captive associations at the national level. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are necessary to complete assigned duties. Other duties may include monitoring and financial oversight of other non-insurance related providers. This position serves at the will of the Commissioner.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Represents the OID before regulators, the industry, and supervises subordinate analysts.
• Represents the OID in advocating Oklahoma as a domicile of choice with business-friendly modernized laws and regulations.
• Directs the marketing effort of the Oklahoma Captive Program.
• Represents the OID before state captive associations.
• Point of contact with various representatives of the captive industry, including captive managers to discuss the financial condition of captives and other developments as required.
• Represent the Commissioner is making presentations, appearances before organizations, and serve on professional panels.
• Coordinate and oversee the work flow of analysts and independent contractors.
• Review financial filings of assigned companies to assess financial stability and compliance with state statutes.
• Responsible for the review of captive applications, including the review of financials.
• Responsible for following-up on examination report exceptions ensuring corrective action has been taken.
• Performs projects or work as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Advance knowledge of insurance accounting, including generally accepted accounting principles and applicable state statutes is highly preferred. The ability to network professionally within the Captive industry. Good communication and organization skills are required. Knowledge of personal computers and Excel, MSWord, and Access software is required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
The successful candidate will hold a Bachelor’s degree in accounting, insurance, finance, or actuarial science with 7 or more years of related experience; an advanced degree is desired. An employee in this position is expected to complete job duties to the satisfaction of the Commissioner with minimum oversight and review. Preference may be given to applicants who have completed the following designations: CPA, CFE, AFE, CIE, AIE, FLMI, CPCU.
The selected applicant must pass a background check. Individual may be required to pursue NAIC designations as job duties require.
Employees of the Oklahoma Insurance Department are unclassified employees of the state. To see a complete list of benefits offered by the State of Oklahoma to employees of the state click on the following link. http://www.ok.gov/opm/HR_and_Employee_Services/index.html
Equal Opportunity Employer