|Department||Liquefied Petroleum Gas Administration|
|Date Opened||8/3/2018 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||9/3/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$69,234 - $103,852/year|
|Full or Part Time||
A resume and cover letter must be submitted along with your application.
OKLAHOMA STATE LIQUEFIED PETROLEUM GAS ADMINISTRATION
The Oklahoma Liquefied Petroleum Gas Administrator has responsibility for administering and enforcing all laws and regulations relating to the safety in storage, distribution, dispensing, transporting and utilization of liquefied petroleum gases in this state and in the manufacture, fabrication, assembly, sale, installation or use in this state of liquefied petroleum gas systems, containers, apparatus or appliance in accordance with the rules set forth by the Oklahoma Liquefied Petroleum Gas Board (LP Gas Board).
The Administrator, among other duties, shall serve as secretary to the LP Gas Board.
• Investigate violations, issue citations, process fines and hold administrative hearings to ensure safety compliance related to liquefied petroleum gas in the State of Oklahoma.
• Design and develop safety seminars and schools for dealers, managers, and fuel handlers.
• Administer the dealer and manager application tests, including review and development of test questions.
• Assist in the development of new legislation and administrative rules for presentation to the LP Gas Board.
• Maintain oversight of the Liquefied Petroleum Gas Administration.
• Manage and supervise employees of the Liquefied Petroleum Gas Administration.
• Work in the location specified by the LP Gas Board.
• All other duties and specifications set by the LP Gas Board.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
Candidates for the position of LP Gas Administrator should possess knowledge of state and federal law related to managerial principles and practices, including personnel administration. The Administrator will be required to direct and supervise the work of others; to exercise initiative; to make independent decisions in accordance with laws, rules, and regulations; to apply policies to difficult problems; to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others; to operate various computer programs; and to communicate and work well with other government officials, liquefied petroleum gas dealers, and the general public.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Statutory Qualifications (Per 52 O.S., § 420.2(C)):
• Persons appointed to the positions of Administrator shall:
*Be citizens of the United States;
*Be legal residents of Oklahoma;
*Be physically, mentally and morally capable of performing the duties imposed upon them pursuant to the Oklahoma Liquefied Petroleum Gas Regulation Act;
*Not have been convicted of a felony in this state or any other state as established by a national criminal history record check as defined in Section 150.9 of Title 74 of the Oklahoma Statutes; and
*After the date of their appointment, not be engaged in any business in this state related to the production, manufacture, distribution, sale, installation or transportation of any of the products or equipment covered by the Oklahoma Liquefied Petroleum Gas Regulation Act.
• Each appointee shall, by education, training and experience, be qualified and competent to perform the duties imposed upon the Administrator pursuant to the Oklahoma Liquefied Petroleum Gas Regulation Act. Such education, training, and experience required shall include:
*At least two (2) years’ experience in positions of managerial responsibility; or
*At least two (2) years’ experience as a liquefied petroleum gas safety code enforcement officer.
• Before entering upon their duties, appointees shall take the constitutional oath of office.
• Pursuant to Title 52, Section 420.2(A) of the Oklahoma Statutes, the LP Gas Board will submit a list of successful nominees for the position of State Liquefied Petroleum Gas Administrator for consideration for appointment by the Governor. The appointment is subject to confirmation by the Senate, and the selected Administrator will serve at the pleasure of the Governor.
• Applicants will be subject to a criminal and/or other background check(s).
• Applicants must attach a copy of any official diploma or copy of an official transcript that demonstrates possession of the degree or certification or copies of certification or licensure that they have listed on their application. (Please attach a copy of this along with your resume).
• Once notified, nominees selected by the LP Gas Board must complete the online application for Gubernatorial Appointments.
Preferred Minimum Qualifications:
• A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university;
• Four years of supervisory experience;
• Two years experience in drafting/proposing legislation, administrative rules and technical code;
• Experience in liquefied petroleum gas industry; and/or
• Experience in the management of a business.
• Applicants must be willing and able to fulfill all job-related travel normally associated with this position.
*Applicants who have previously applied for this position and wish to be further considered will need to re-apply as directed in this announcement.
Veteran's Preference Points Apply only for initial appointment in the Classified Service.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|