|Date Opened||9/6/2018 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||10/4/2018 08:27:00 AM|
|Full or Part Time||
Email resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Oklahoma Insurance Department has an opening in the Executive Division for a Director. This position is Exempt from the OID Compensation Guidelines and has a salary of $75,000.
This position is open until filled.
Under the direction of the Chief of Operations, the Director will coordinate with the Legislature and the Governor on all legislation that affects the Oklahoma Insurance Department and under direction of the Deputy Commissioner of Consumer Services will supervise the ISO program and coordinate educational outreach programs through Field Representatives, Consumer Assistant Division, Anti-Fraud Division, and Communications Division. Serve as Oklahoma Insurance Department (OID) representative to Office of Emergency Management and attend meetings regarding serve weather and earthquake state response.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Track legislation and provide updates as needed and provides input regarding the submission of the annual budget requests to the Commissioner, Office of State Finance, and the Legislature.
• Advocates for OID proposals.
• Interpret and advise the Commissioner and staff on rules, regulations and laws governing the operation of the agency.
• Supervise the ISO program, seek improved ISO classification of fire districts, and expand knowledge base of stakeholders.
• Coordinate educational outreach programs through Field Representatives, Consumer Assistant Division, Anti-Fraud Division, and Communications Division.
• Serve as OID representative to Office of Emergency Management and attend meetings regarding serve weather and earthquake state response.
• Conduct field tornadic damage assessment and provide findings to the Commissioner, Anti-Fraud Division, Field Representatives, and Communications Division.
• Travel throughout the State to develop and maintain relationships with community leaders and organizations to educate and inform regarding OID.
• Represents OID at town hall meetings and events.
• Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Knowledge of public administration, legislative process, agency policies and procedures, and federal and state laws and regulations relating to administration of assigned programs.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
• Effective communication skills.
• Ability to exercise good judgment in analyzing situations and making decisions
• Ability to organize and present facts and opinions.
• This candidate must be a self-starter, highly motivated to achieve results and able to maintain a high energy level.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, political science, or public administration, a graduate degree is preferred. Five years of experience with the legislative process required, including the ability to read and analyze legislation, and local, state, and federal laws. Knowledge of the fire service and or emergency management is a plus.
NOTE: Upon hire, any applicant who is licensed as a producer/agent, adjuster or is otherwise affiliated with any entity that is regulated by the department must surrender their license and terminate any financial or non-financial affiliation with the entity that is regulated by the department. The selected applicant must pass a background check. Individual may be required to pursue NAIC designations as job duties require.
Employees of the Oklahoma Insurance Department are unclassified employees of the state. For benefits offered by the State of Oklahoma to employees of the state, please use this link to access the Office of Personnel Management benefits page at http://www.ok.gov/opm/HR_and_Employee_Services/index.html
Veteran's Preference Points apply only for initial appointment in the Classified Service.