|Department||State Department of Health|
|Date Opened||9/24/2018 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||3/24/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Full or Part Time||
JFD: Program Grant Consultant
Working Title: Nutrition Therapist III
Location: Sequoyah County Health Department
PIN #: 34001977
Salary: $2,089.69 bi-weekly
Position will be open for six months or until filled. Please be advised that applications will periodically be considered, as such this position could be filled any time before the closing date.
This position will provide direct and indirect nutrition education and outreach services for Women, Infant and Children (WIC) program in Sequoyah, Adair and Cherokee County Health Departments.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Evaluate nutrition and dietary needs of patients and clients.
• Initiate and conduct surveys as a basis for program development.
• Coordinate with other agencies or departments to provide educational materials, assess nutritional status of patients, clients, or the community and develop special menus.
• Provide in-service training to staff.
• Prepare consultation reports, survey results, quality improvement statistics, and other necessary documentation.
• Determine type of food preparation equipment needed for specific dietary requirements.
• Serve as a member of an interdisciplinary team reviewing treatment plans, or on a survey team, inspecting and assessing health, domiciliary or other facilities.
• Plan basic menus and food specifications, and procures goods for the facility.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Requirements include knowledge of current dietetics and institutional diet management; of nutrition and its relationship to health; of nutritional values, costs and accounting; of available community resources; and of health requirements and personal hygiene, of administrative principles and practices; of modern methods, materials and equipment used in food preparation and service; of conducting and interpreting nutrition surveys; of economic and social trends in nutrition; of program planning and nutrition education techniques. Ability is required to plan menus for general and special therapeutic diets; evaluate and judge the quality of food materials and develop menus; to plan and deliver effective education programs and to evaluate results of programs; to keep necessary records; to establish effective working relationships with others; to present and prepare educational materials; to develop curricula for nutrition education programs and to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
Education and Work Experience:
Registration as a Registered Dietitian with the Commission on Dietetic Registration, Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, and Licensure with the Oklahoma State Board of Medical Licensure and Supervision AND two years of experience as a registered dietitian in a food service operation or in a public or community health program or facility. A master’s degree in public health with a major in nutrition or a master’s degree in foods and nutrition with an emphasis on nutrition may substitute for one year of experience.
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT WORKING AT THE OKLAHOMA STATE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH CLICK HERE
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.
Veteran's Preference Points Apply only for initial appointment in the Classified Service.