|Department||State Department of Health|
|Date Opened||9/25/2018 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||3/31/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Full or Part Time||
JFD: Occupational Therapist IV
Working Title: Occupational Therapist IV
Location: Pontotoc County Health Department
PIN #: 34002171
Position will be open for six months or until filled. Please be advised that applications will periodically be considered, as such this position could be filled any time before the closing date.
This position will provide direct client care, as well as, coordinate staff services, supervise providers, conduct reviews and report program requirements.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Plans, conducts, and evaluates occupational therapy treatment/intervention and activities.
• Interprets physician referrals and determines appropriate evaluation procedures.
• Makes recommendations concerning standardized treatments/intervention based on medical indications.
• Completes patient assessments concerning independent living skills, occupational performance, pre-vocational work adjustment, educational skills, social skills and abilities.
• Tests neuro-muscular, motor, cognitive and psycho-social skills.
• Interprets results and proposes a treatment/intervention plan, including short and long range goals, frequency and duration.
• Provides treatment/intervention according to the prescribed plan, including task oriented activities, prevocational activities, neuro-motor and sensory-motor activities and patient/family counseling and activities.
• Participates in the assessment, design and fabrication of adaptive equipment and orthotic devices.
• Evaluates patient response to treatment/intervention and makes recommendations on changes in treatment as required.
• Maintains records concerning treatment/intervention provided, including both subjective and objective data.
• Initiates discharge planning, prepares discharge summary, orders required equipment, and instructs patients and care providers in home program.
• Participates in a multidisciplinary team to assist in developing intervention strategies to meet the clients’ needs.
• May provide limited supervision and training to therapy assistants and aides in the care and treatment of patients and the proper completion of standardized procedures.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Requirements include knowledge of the principles and practices of professional occupational therapy; of therapeutic techniques and their application to occupational therapy; of standardized treatments prescribed for various conditions; of the procedures to evaluate various skills and abilities; and of the supplies, materials and equipment used in conducting occupational therapy programs; ability is required to develop occupational therapy treatment plans; and to provide in-service training at the local, regional and state levels in identified areas of expertise. Ability is required to use therapeutic equipment and materials; to evaluate various skills and abilities; to administer prescribed treatments and conduct planned activities; to interpret medical prescriptions; to establish effective working relationships with others; to effectively communicate both orally and in writing; to exercise initiative and independent judgment; to mentor occupational therapy students during field work experience; and to direct, supervise and evaluate the work of others; to develop occupational therapy programs and plans; and to organize and coordinate occupational therapy activities.
Education and Work Experience:
requirements at this level consist of a current Oklahoma license as an Occupational Therapist issued by the Oklahoma Board of Medical Licensure and Supervision plus four years of professional experience as a licensed Occupational Therapist; or an advanced level masters degree or doctorate in pediatric rehabilitative services, pediatric occupational therapy, special education, or a closely related field may be substituted for the required experience.
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT WORKING AT THE OKLAHOMA STATE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH CLICK HERE
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.
Veteran's Preference Points Apply only for initial appointment in the Classified Service.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|