|Department||State Department of Health|
|Date Opened||9/25/2018 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||2/6/2019 1:59:00 PM|
|Full or Part Time||
JFD: Advanced Practice Registered Nurse
Location: Maternal & Child Health Service
PIN #: 34002851
Part-time - 60%
Position will be open for six months or until filled. Please be advised that applications will periodically be considered, as such this position could be filled any time before the closing date.
This position provides advanced health care to individuals. This includes assessing health, as well as analyzing data to determine medical and nursing needs, including prescriptions for birth control.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Serve as a liaison with state perinatal leadership in promoting efforts to reduce preterm births.
• Promote of progesterone therapy for appropriate women, supporting cervical length measurement.
• Assure mothers and infants receive services at a facility offering the most appropriate level of care.
• Assist with planning, organizing and directing activities of the Maternal Mortality Review Committee; directing and managing peer education counseling program.
• Establish relationships with public and private care providers to assess and improve preventive, prenatal, and preconception health care.
• Provide family planning and maternity clinical services, technical assistance and support to advanced practice nurses and other health providers.
• Mentor and motivate the development of advanced practice nurses.
• Annually monitor and evaluate advanced practice health care providers;
• Interpret and communicate agency and departmental policies and procedures.
• Develop and implement policies and procedures.
Education and Work Experience:
Education and experience requirements consist of a valid permanent Oklahoma license as a Registered Nurse by the Oklahoma Board of Nursing; certification as an Advanced Practice Nurse by the Oklahoma Board of Nursing; eligibility for prescriptive authority*; and one year experience as a Registered Nurse.
*Approval for prescriptive authority requires current licensure in Oklahoma as a Registered Nurse and as a Certified Nurse Practitioner (CNP), Certified Nurse Midwife (CNM), or Clinical Nurse Specialist (CNS) within 30 calendars days of the entry on duty date. The Advanced Practice Registered Nurse must hold a graduate degree at an advanced practice level or a post-master’s certificate at an advanced practice level if the master’s degree is in nursing, in order to be eligible for initial application for prescriptive authority.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Requirements include knowledge of human anatomy, physiology and chemistry; of medical diagnosis techniques, methods and procedures, methods of organization, management and public administration. Knowledge of agency policies and procedures; grant or contract program requirements; and, federal and state laws and regulations relating to administration of programs. Ability is required to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others and collaborate as an effective team member; communicate effectively, both orally and in writing; exercise sound independent judgment; analyze and resolve highly complex situations; conduct physical examinations and health assessments; and, provide advanced specialized nursing care and/or medical care to include writing prescriptions or be eligible to apply for prescriptive privileges.
This position has preferred qualifications:
Master’s degree in nursing, public health, or related field and one year experience providing clinical services as an advanced practice nurse
Applicants who demonstrate they possess the minimum qualifications (education and experience requirements) and the preferred qualifications will be given additional consideration during the interview process.
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT WORKING AT THE OKLAHOMA STATE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH CLICK HERE
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.
Veteran's Preference Points Apply only for initial appointment in the Classified Service.