|Department||State Department of Health|
|Date Opened||9/26/2018 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||3/31/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Full or Part Time||
JFD: Epidemiologist II
Working Title: Epidemiologist II
Location: Acute Disease Service
PIN #: 34002392
Position will be open for six months or until filled. Please be advised that applications will periodically be considered, as such this position could be filled any time before the closing date.
This position will utilize epidemiologic methods to control communicable diseases through: surveillance for infectious diseases; investigation of disease outbreaks; analysis of data to plan, implement and evaluate disease prevention and control measures; dissemination of pertinent information; education of healthcare professionals and the public; and bioterrorism preparedness.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Participate in research activities, special investigations and descriptive and analytic studies relating to specific diseases; interprets results and adapts to epidemiology programs and related programs.
• Prepare technical reports and scientific articles and participate in grant writing activities.
• Design and implement epidemiological studies and surveillance systems.
• Determine and utilize appropriate statistical methods to evaluate and interpret data.
• Interact with the media and conveys information to the public.
• Provide consultation to health care professionals, community organizations, and others on specific disease, injury, or conditions.
• Lecture for various organizations on diseases, injuries, or conditions; prepare educational materials for public distribution.
• Interpret data to determine risks from exposure to chemicals or biological agents.
Education and Work Experience:
Requirements consist of a master’s degree in Epidemiology and one year of experience in a field involving the use of epidemiological research, investigation, and analysis or a doctorate in epidemiology.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Knowledge of epidemiology methods, human biology, laboratory methods, environmental analyses interpretation, parasitology, toxicology, immunology and pathology; of medical terminology; of statistical analysis, biometry, and demography; of epidemiological or statistical software; of social and economic conditions; of current epidemiological developments and techniques; environmental toxicology, intervention strategies, diagnostic laboratory methods, and medical microbiology. Ability is required to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others; to meet with the public and conduct public information programs; to write technical and non-technical information material; manipulate large databases; and to use a personal computer and applicable software.
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT WORKING AT THE OKLAHOMA STATE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH CLICK HERE
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.
Veteran's Preference Points Apply only for initial appointment in the Classified Service.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|