|Date Opened||10/2/2018 4:10:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||11/13/2018 08:26:00 AM|
|Salary||$48,866 - $65,259/year|
|Full or Part Time||
To be considered, submit a resume with cover letter to:
Jane Mitchell, Chief Operations Officer
Accepting applications until position is filled.
BASIC PURPOSE: The Airport Engineer position at the Oklahoma Aeronautics Commission performs work in airport project development, design, construction, and maintenance. The Airport Engineer will assist the Deputy Director with overseeing airport projects from preliminary development through construction. Ensures federal and state funded projects are in compliance with applicable federal and state laws, policies, procedures, standards and guidelines. Work requires extensive contact with governmental agencies at the federal, state and local levels, aviation interest groups, professional engineers, contractors, and private entities. An employee at this level must have a self-starter attitude and be able to take initiative with limited supervisory direction.
• Assists in managing the preliminary engineering report program.
• Identifies the scope of work and develops a planning cost estimate for projects that may be included in the Commission’s Capital Improvement Program.
• Manages capital improvement projects from preliminary design through construction and closeout.
• Manage the Commission’s In-house pavement maintenance program.
• Develops independent fee analysis for engineering fees.
• Conducts periodic site inspections during construction and review pay requests.
• Maintains project status reports for all active state funded projects.
• Participates in the Commission’s airport pavement management program.
• Provides technical assistance to airports regarding design, construction, improvement, and maintenance of general aviation airports.
• All other duties as assigned by the Director.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLIS AND ABILITIES:
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
• Ability to write concise technical reports.
• Excellent computer skills are required for the position. The selected candidate will have excellent working knowledge of current versions of Microsoft Office and be well versed with using spreadsheets.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering is required.
• Certification as an Engineer-In-Training (EIT)
SALARY ($48,866 - $65,259)
The starting salary will be commensurate with level of education and work experience in the transportation industry.
Veteran's Preference Points Apply only for initial appointment in the Classified Service.