|Department||State Department of Health|
|Date Opened||10/2/2018 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||12/20/2018 10:00:00 AM|
|Full or Part Time||
JFD: Registered Nurse III
Working Title: Registered Nurse III
Location: Carter County Health Department
PIN #: 34001551
Salary: $2,094.35 bi-weekly
Position will be open for six months or until filled. Please be advised that applications will periodically be considered, as such this position could be filled any time before the closing date.
This position will provide direct care services at county health departments with primary responsibility being quality improvement efforts of clinical services and management of community health initiatives such as chronic disease programs and childhood vaccination efforts to improve health outcomes.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Serve as the training/orientation coordinator for clinical services, Breastfeeding Peer Counselor coordinator, Quality Assurance /Quality Improvement clinical lead, as well as the Coordinating Nurse for Carter County Health Dept.
• Provide direct care services at county health departments to improve health outcomes.
• Provide professional nursing services to clients in a variety of settings.
• Oversee and supervise community health nursing programs.
• Asses, implement, monitor and evaluate nursing practices in order to promote the protection of vaccine preventable diseases.
• Supervise nursing staff, breastfeeding peer counselors, patient care assistants, and other staff in the chronic disease program.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Requirements include knowledge of professional nursing theory, practices, and techniques; health promotion and disease prevention; nursing management; available health care resources; nutrition and diet therapy; the functions of various clinical departments; availability of health programs and resources; federal and state rules and regulations concerning health services; accreditation, certification and licensure standards; preventive health practices; of principles and methods of teaching; of nursing standards; and of nursing policies and procedures.
Ability is required to perform assessments and nursing functions; provide education and training; assess condition and needs of patients, families and communities appropriate to the care setting; take appropriate intervention; counsel and teach patients and families; provide direction or guidance to non-licensed personnel in assigned area of responsibility to ensure quality care and to develop, plan, and implement an effective nursing care program and provide education and training.
Education and Work Experience:
Requirements consist of possession of a valid Oklahoma license as a registered nurse as approved by the Oklahoma Board of Nursing or, Registered Nurse License recognized by the Enhanced Nurse Licensure Compact (eNLC) and two years of professional nursing experience.
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT WORKING AT THE OKLAHOMA STATE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH CLICK HERE
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.
Veteran's Preference Points Apply only for initial appointment in the Classified Service.