|Department||State Department of Health|
|Date Opened||10/8/2018 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||1/31/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Full or Part Time||
JFD: Registered Nurse II
Working Title: Children First Registered Nurse
Location: Cleveland County Health Department
PIN #: 34001897
Salary: $1,818.31 bi-weekly.
Position will be open for three months or until filled. Please be advised that applications will periodically be considered, as such this position could be filled any time before the closing date.
This position conducts home visits in Cleveland and McClain counties to provide parent education and support to first time parents utilizing the Nurse-Family Partnership Model. Children First Program education includes healthy living during pregnancy, fetal development, child growth and development, strong parent-child relationships, goal-setting, problem solving, and community resource identification.
• Assess health status of individuals, families, and communities; develops plans and implements appropriate nursing interventions.
• Evaluate and determine health resources necessary to meet individual, family and community health needs.
• Deliver professional nursing care in an assigned unit, clinic, home, or other setting.
• Educate individuals, families, communities, and members of the health care team about the principles of disease prevention and health promotion.
• Provide supervision to other professional or paraprofessional personnel; collaborate with other professionals in the management of health care.
• Delegate tasks as may safely be performed by others, consistent with educational preparation and that do not conflict with the provisions of the Oklahoma Nursing Practice Act.
• Assure quality health care through use of various measures such as record review, peer review, direct observation, and assessment of individual, family, and community for the desired outcome.
• Perform specialized nursing functions as educationally prepared.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Requirements include professional nursing theory, practices, and techniques; of health promotion and disease prevention; of nursing management of available health care resources; of nutrition and diet therapy; and of the functions of various clinical departments. Ability is required to assist in the development, organization, and implementation of an effective nursing care plan; to provide education and training; to assess condition and needs of patients, families and communities appropriate to the care setting; to take appropriate intervention; to counsel and teach patients and families; and to provide direction or guidance to non-licensed personnel in assigned area of responsibility to ensure quality care.
Education and Work Experience:
Education and experience requirements consist of possession of a valid Oklahoma license as a registered nurse as approved by the Oklahoma Board of Nursing or, Registered Nurse License recognized by the Enhanced Nurse Licensure Compact (eNLC) and one year of professional nursing experience.
Title 74, 840-5.5. (A)(4) - Persons employed with one-time, limited duration, federal or other grant funding that is not continuing or indefinitely renewable. The length of the unclassified employment shall not exceed the period of time for which that specific federal funding is provided.
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT WORKING AT THE OKLAHOMA STATE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH CLICK HERE
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.
Veteran's Preference Points Apply only for initial appointment in the Classified Service.