|Department||District Attorneys Council|
|Date Opened||10/16/2018 08:00:00 AM|
|Full or Part Time||
Application Instructions: SUBMIT RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO: Network Technician The Network Technician, based on experience level, provides Tier 1, 2, and 3 help desk support as assigned by the Senior Network Technician. The Network Technician provides remote and on-site hardware and software support for all desktop and laptop computers supported by the agency. • Telecommunications Support Plans WORK EXPERIENCE PREFERENCE Occasional in-state travel may be required.
Amy Bruce, Human Resources Officer
District Attorneys Council
421 NW 13th Street, Suite 290
Oklahoma City, OK 73103
Fax: (405) 264-5099
The Network Technician, at the direction of the IT Director, with oversight and leadership provided by the Senior Network Technician, supports, maintains, and evaluates computer networking and telecommunication systems. The Network Technician installs the necessary hardware and software to set up and maintain the DAC computer network, and customizes it to meet the needs of the agency. The Network Technician monitors the performance of the network and troubleshoots any problems such as slow performance or network crashes. The Network Technician works with individual users to resolve network problems. The Network Technician keeps records of network problems and errors as well as the steps taken to solve the problems. The Network Technician controls computer access to the network using Group Policy to determine which files, programs, or features each person is allowed to use. The Network Technician installs and maintains firewalls and switches to prevent unauthorized access to the system. The Network Technician monitors the network to see who is using it and how. The Network Technician is responsible for setting password policies, updating network security access measures, policies and procedures. The Network Technician installs, configures, and maintains network appliances attached to the DAC network. The Network Technician advises and sets security policy for the network.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Assists with the day-to-day operation of computer networks including hardware/software support, training, and special projects
• Assists with planning, designing and implementing data connectivity for local area network (LAN) and wide area network (WAN) systems
• Assists in coordinating special projects including network related wiring plans, LAN/WAN hardware/software purchases, and system installation, backup, maintenance and problem solving
• Assists in providing network and remote connectivity hardware/software support
• Maintains LAN user documentation including hardware/software applications, support logs and other related information
• Researches and recommends network and server hardware and software
• Assists in installing, designing, configuring, and maintaining system hardware and software
• Analyzes and troubleshoots the network logs and tracks the nature and resolution of problems
• Monitors usage to ensure security of data and access privileges
• Installs, supports and maintains network servers and appliances
• Establishes and maintains user accounts, profiles, file sharing, access privileges and security
• Performs daily server tape backups
• Researches, analyzes, monitors, troubleshoots and resolves server or data network problems
• Develops, maintains and implements network support, and archiving procedures
• Researches and evaluates new technologies related to computer networking
• Assists in planning, coordinating and consulting with vendors and clients for hardware/software purchases, product services and support; recommends and specifies the purchase of related products and services
• Keeps abreast of current technology trends regarding new networking hardware/software products for system enhancements
• Assists and provides support to the Personal Computer Support/Trainers as necessary
• Assists the Systems Administrators and Network Technicians as requested including performing scheduled network tasks, updating anti-virus definition files, monitoring network servers, and providing internet and intranet user support, and specialized training.
• Provides assistance with E-mail/Internet/Database support personnel to include:
o Establishing and maintaining user e-mail accounts
o Providing e-mail training and software support
o Providing e-mail documentation and updating user manual as needed
o Establishing and maintaining user VPN access
o Providing dial-up support including end-user setup, problem solving, and billing status tracking
o Providing technical support and maintenance for customized database applications to DAC and district customers
o Meeting with clients to plan, analyze, design, and test computer applications
o Insuring that computer software and applications adhere to the organizational plan
o Providing solutions to customer identified problems
o Recommends and assists the IT division in the design of telecommunications systems
o Researches and recommends telecommunications equipment
o Coordinates the ordering and installation of telecommunications and data systems equipment and cabling
o Researches, analyzes, troubleshoots and resolves telecommunications related problems
o Develops and implements telecommunications operational procedures
o Creates and/or modifies voicemail boxes and call features
o Installs telecommunications equipment and provides support for handsets, pagers, cellular phones, voicemail and new/emerging telecommunications-related technology
o Inventories telecommunications equipment
o Logs and surpluses non salvageable or obsolete telecommunications equipment.
Works under the direction of the Information Technology Director and works closely with the Systems Administrators; this position requires excellent customer service and organizational skills to support administrative personnel, department supervisors, staff, and DAC customers. Promotes a positive work environment by maintaining respectful interactions with DAC members. This position requires the ability to function successfully in both team and independent work environments.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
• 1+ years Day-to-Day Network Support and Network Hardware & Network Operating Systems
• 1+ years Active Directory Account Administration / NTFS Permissions Management
• 1+ years backup and restoring of all servers including Database Backups
• 1+ years configuration for Proactive Management and Responding to System Alerts
• 1+ years providing “Uptime” & Reporting Statistics in line with defined Service Level Agreements
• 1+ years proactively Reviewing & Reporting on Network Performance and Capacity Trends
• 1+ years basic Switch and Router configuration and troubleshooting
• 1+ years configuring and managing basic VPN connectivity
Experience working with networked appliances and configurations in a small to midrange business computing environment. Experience may substitute for education on a year-for-year basis as follows: graduation from high school or equivalent and six years working in computer related areas; two years designing, implementing, and managing computer networks (WAN and LAN) with geographically disbursed locations and 500+ nodes.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms and perform repetitive motions with wrists, hands, and fingers. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds or more. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, color vision, depth perception, ability to adjust and focus, and the ability to see clearly at 20 feet or more.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, work in high precarious places and the risk of electrical shock. Frequently handles emergency or crisis situations and may be subject to varying and unpredictable situations and work hours. The employee is subject to frequent interruptions, multiple calls and inquiries, and may occasionally handle absentee replacement on short notice. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
SUBMIT RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO:
The Network Technician, based on experience level, provides Tier 1, 2, and 3 help desk support as assigned by the Senior Network Technician. The Network Technician provides remote and on-site hardware and software support for all desktop and laptop computers supported by the agency.
• Telecommunications Support Plans
WORK EXPERIENCE PREFERENCE
Occasional in-state travel may be required.
Veteran's Preference Points apply only for initial appointment in the Classified Service.