|Department||State Bureau of Investigation|
|Date Opened||10/25/2018 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||11/8/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$21,441.00 - $38,072.00/year|
|Full or Part Time||
This position is located in the Procurement and Facilities Unit within the Support Services Division in Oklahoma City.
MAJOR WORK DUTIES:
1. Assist with the daily operations of the OSBI’s Headquarters facility by monitoring building systems and implementing corrective action.
2. Assists with maintenance and repairs to OSBI owned Regional Offices and Laboratories on a quarterly and as needed basis. Overnight travel may result on an as needed basis to perform job tasks at regional locations.
3. Performs carpentry work in the construction or renovation of buildings or additions to existing structures; alters and repairs doors, floors, partitions, stairways, windows, screens, and other fixtures; maintains and repairs roofs.
4. Oversees janitorial staff and lawn maintenance contracts to ensure proper maintenance and appearance of HQ and LTS facilities.
5. Assists with backup support for supply store, mailroom functions and reception area at the HQ building as needed.
Successful applicants must be willing to submit to a drug screen, polygraph examination, psychological evaluation (commissioned positions only), and a thorough background investigation. Certain events automatically disqualify an applicant, such as, felony conviction; admission of an undetected crime that, if known, would have been a felony charge; failure to pay federal or state income tax; positive confirmed drug urine test; illegal use of a controlled substance within certain time frames.
IF YOU ARE A CURRENT OR FORMER PERMANENT, CLASSIFIED STATE EMPLOYEE, PLEASE APPLY TO THE “INTERNAL JOBS” LISTING HERE. DO NOT APPLY VIA THIS RECRUITMENT.
Positions in this job family are assigned responsibilities related to the construction, maintenance, repair or upkeep of buildings, grounds or other state property, requiring no license. This may include assisting in the construction or renovation of buildings, general maintenance and upkeep of plumbing, heating, air conditioning, electrical and other systems, minor repairs to machinery or other equipment, and general maintenance of grounds or lawns.
This job family consists of three levels which are distinguished based on the complexity of work assignments, the expertise required to perform assigned duties, and the responsibility assigned for providing supervision to others.
This is the career level of this job family where employees are assigned responsibilities involving semi-skilled to skilled work in general maintenance, repair, construction, renovation or other work related to state owned or leased buildings, property or equipment. This may include assisting in construction or renovation projects and performing general maintenance and minor repairs to plumbing, mechanical, or electrical fixtures and systems.
Education and Experience requirements at this level consist of two years of experience in one or more of the building trades or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.
Scores based on: 100% Evaluation of Education and Experience listed on a supplemental questionnaire.
***NOTE: Names of eligible applicants can be made available to State agencies upon their request, immediately following the closing date and time.