|Department||Department of Transportation|
|Date Opened||10/29/2018 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||11/12/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$63,904.76 - $67,100.00/year|
|Full or Part Time||
Position located in Civil Rights Division, Oklahoma City
• Develop and administer the Americans with Disabilities (ADA)/504/508 (Title I and Title II) program in accordance with the ADA Act of 1990, ADA Amendments Act of 2008, 28 CFR, 29 CFR, and 49 CFR to ensure that ODOT is in compliance. Develop policy, procedures, and provide guidance to ODOT personnel, recipients, and to the general public on ADA Title I, ADA Title II, Section 504 and Section 508.
• Update and oversee ODOT's ADA Transition Plan in accordance with federal and state laws. Ensures the schedule of the Transition Plan is implemented and carried out in a timely manner, including updates. The Transition Plan and its identified needs should be fully integrated into ODOT's Statewide Transportation Improvement Program (STIP) and metropolitan Transportation Improvement Program (TIP).
• Responsible for developing and conducting and/or facilitating training on ADA Title I, ADA Title II, Section 504 and Section 508 to employees, managers/supervisors, and recipients of ODOT.
• Work with design and construction to ensure features of right-of-way are accessible to persons with disabilities and in compliance with the ADA program.
• Conduct investigations on ADA related complaints. Conduct investigations in an expedient and thorough manner with a report of findings and recommendations prepared, which are based on the appropriate regulations and the facts of the case. Complaints and inquiries will be noted in the appropriate log.
• Engage in the interactive process with employees and supervisors on reasonable accommodations. Responsible for assisting individuals on reasonable accommodation requests and/or evidence that an individual may need an accommodation due to a covered disability.
This position requires traveling throughout the state of Oklahoma.
The Oklahoma Department of Transportation (ODOT) ensures that no person or groups of persons shall, on the grounds of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, retaliation or genetic information, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be otherwise subjected to discrimination under any and all programs, services, or activities including all employment practices. To request an accommodation, please contact the ADA/504/508 Coordinator at 405-521-4140 or the Oklahoma Relay Service at 1-800-722-0353.
IF YOU ARE A CURRENT OR FORMER PERMANENT, CLASSIFIED STATE EMPLOYEE, PLEASE APPLY TO THE “INTERNAL JOBS” LISTING HERE. DO NOT APPLY VIA THIS RECRUITMENT.
Positions in this job family are responsible for performing various levels of transportation management duties. This may include supervision of a staff of professional, technical and support personnel involved in planning, construction, design, right-of-way or aerial survey activities, or maintenance of various types of transportation systems.
The Transportation Manager job family has five levels which are distinguished based on the level of supervisory/management responsibility, scope of responsibility, complexity and breadth of function, and degree of autonomy with which the position is permitted to function.
At this level incumbents are responsible for performing supervisory or advanced transportation management work. Incumbents may serve as an assistant to the construction resident engineering manager or transportation manager. Within the Department of Transportation or Oklahoma Transportation Authority incumbents may direct or administer a highly technical transportation related program or project establishing policies and/or guidelines.
Education and Experience requirements at this level consist of a bachelor’s degree and three years of experience in technical engineering, planning, or transportation management, or an equivalent combination of education and experience, substituting one year of qualifying experience for each year of the required education.
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.
Scores based on: 100% Qualification Review.
***NOTE: Names of eligible applicants can be made available to State agencies upon their request, immediately following the closing date and time.