|Date Opened||10/29/2018 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||11/27/2018 4:13:00 PM|
|Full or Part Time||
Email resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Oklahoma Insurance Department has an opening in the Comptroller Division for an Accountant II. The vacant position is a level 2 in the Comptroller Career Path, with a salary of $39,600. This position is open until filled.
This position is responsible for auditing insurance companies’ premium tax filings for accuracy and statutory compliance.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Daily posting of all premium tax collections EFTs or checks which may be as many as a few to occasionally hundreds per day.
• Manage and file annual forms and quarterly vouchers in a digital format in a virtual file.
• Conduct audits on the annual premium tax filings of approximately 1,000 to 1,200 insurance companies.
• Advise Premium Tax Manager and make recommendations to resolve problems and discrepancies which may involve email, letters, and telephone communications with insurance companies’ premium tax departments.
• Verify, create, and compile documentation for insurance companies’ requested refunds of overpaid premium tax.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and financial reports.
• Experience with computers and the following programs: Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook; Adobe Acrobat; experience with AS400, OPTins, and SBS preferred.
• Ability to review and audit reports and interpret statutes and rules concerning information contained in reports.
• Effective time management and organizational skills.
• Proficient typing and ten-key skills.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
• Ability to make routine business decisions, with close attention to detail.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business, finance, or closely related field is required. Two or more years of accounting or financial experience preferred. At least one of the following professional designations preferred: CPA, CFE, AIE, CIE, CIE, CPCU, or FLMI.
Upon hire, any applicant who is licensed as a producer/agent, adjuster or is otherwise affiliated with any entity that is regulated by the department must surrender their license and terminate any financial or non-financial affiliation with the entity that is regulated by the department. The selected applicant must pass a background check. Individual may be required to pursue NAIC designations as job duties require.
Employees of the Oklahoma Insurance Department are unclassified employees of the state. For benefits offered by the State of Oklahoma to employees of the state, please use this link to access the Office of Personnel Management benefits page at http://www.ok.gov/opm/HR_and_Employee_Services/index.html
Veteran's Preference Points Apply only for initial appointment in the Classified Service.