|Department||State Department of Health|
|Date Opened||10/29/2018 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||11/30/2018 11:00:00 AM|
|Full or Part Time||
JFD: Registered Nurse III
Working Title: Children First Registered Nurse III
Location: Cleveland County Health Department
PIN #: 34003095
Position will be open for six months or until filled. Please be advised that applications will periodically be considered, as such this position could be filled any time before the closing date.
This nursing position will be responsible of the coordination and supervision of the Children First program and staff. The Children First program nurses conduct home visits providing parent education and support to first time parents utilizing the Nurse-Family Partnership Model. The Children First program education includes healthy living during pregnancy, fetal development, child growth and development, strong parent-child relationships, goal-setting, problem solving, and community resource identification. .
Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Assesses health status of individuals, families, and communities; develops plans and implements appropriate nursing interventions.
• Evaluates and determines health resources necessary to meet individual, family and community health needs.
• Delivers professional nursing care in an assigned unit, clinic, home, or other setting.
• Educates individuals, families, communities, and members of the health care team about the principles of disease prevention and health promotion.
• Provides supervision to other professional or paraprofessional personnel; collaborates with other professionals in the management of health care.
• Delegate tasks as may safely be performed by others, consistent with educational preparation and that do not conflict with the provisions of the Oklahoma Nursing Practice Act.
• Assures quality health care through use of various measures such as record review, peer review, direct observation, and assessment of individual, family, and community for the desired outcome.
• Performs specialized nursing functions as educationally prepared.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Requirements include professional nursing theory, practices, and techniques; of health promotion and disease prevention; of nursing management of available health care resources; of nutrition and diet therapy; and of the functions of various clinical departments and plus knowledge of available health programs and resources; of federal and state rules and regulations concerning health services; of accreditation, certification and licensure standards; of preventive health practices; of principles and methods of teaching; of nursing standards; and of nursing policies and procedures. Ability is required to assist in the development, organization, and implementation of an effective nursing care plan; to provide education and training; to assess condition and needs of patients, families and communities appropriate to the care setting; to take appropriate intervention; to counsel and teach patients and families; to provide direction or guidance to non-licensed personnel in assigned area of responsibility to ensure quality care and to develop, plan, and implement an effective nursing care program and to provide education and training.
Education and Work Experience:
Requirements consist of possession of a valid Oklahoma license as a registered nurse as approved by the Oklahoma Board of Nursing or, Registered Nurse License recognized by the Enhanced Nurse Licensure Compact (eNLC) plus two years of professional nursing experience.
Title 74, 840-5.5. (A)(4) - Persons employed with one-time, limited duration, federal or other grant funding that is not continuing or indefinitely renewable. The length of the unclassified employment shall not exceed the period of time for which that specific federal funding is provided.
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT WORKING AT THE OKLAHOMA STATE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH CLICK HERE
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.
Veteran's Preference Points Apply only for initial appointment in the Classified Service.