|Department||State Department of Health|
|Date Opened||10/29/2018 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||4/30/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Full or Part Time||
JFD: Nutrition Therapist III
Working Title: Nutrition Therapist III/eWIC Operations Specialist
Location: WIC Service at Shepherd Center
PIN #: 34000083
Salary: $2,089.69 bi-weekly
Position will be open for six months or until filled. Please be advised that applications will periodically be considered, as such this position could be filled any time before the closing date.
This position will provide nutrition information, expert advice, personalized consultation, and technical assistance to local clinic staff, assure that the PHOCIS WIC system is maintained as required by USDA regulations and serve as the eWIC liaison to various contractors.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Providing nutrition information, expert advice, personalized consultation, and technical assistance to local clinic staff via email, phone and individual contact;
• Utilizing practical procedures and knowledge to identify specific training needs, analyze problems, and deliver policy centered guidance;
• Designing and presenting a variety of interactive comprehensive WIC trainings for local clinic staff, including group presentations, workshops, individual assistance, and orientation for new staff;
• Providing PHOCIS-WIC technical assistance and Nutrition assistance to clinic staff in all clinics sites across the state;
• Interpreting and integrating recommendations by national nutrition and pediatric authorities into WIC materials;
• Translating complex, evidence-based nutrition research into materials for use by WIC participants, worthy of display and use on national level; serving as the liaison to the various EBT contractors, United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) Food and Nutrition Service, USDA Southwest Regional Office and Oklahoma State Department of Health (OSDH) staff (primarily WIC and OMES staff) in order to ensure all parties are working together to ensure efficient on-going operations;
• Ensuring the PHOCIS WIC system functions as required by USDA regulations and benefits are properly assigned to WIC eligible participants based on their category and nutritional risks.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Requirements include knowledge of current dietetics and institutional diet management; of nutrition and its relationship to health; of nutritional values, costs and accounting; of available community resources; of health requirements and personal hygiene; of administrative principles and practices; of modern methods, materials and equipment used in food preparation and service; of conducting and interpreting nutrition surveys; of economic and social trends in nutrition; of program planning and nutrition education techniques. Ability is required to plan menus for general and special therapeutic diets; to keep necessary records; to establish effective working relationships with others; to present and prepare educational materials; to develop curricula for nutrition education programs and to communicate effectively both orally and in writing; evaluate and judge the quality of food materials and develop menus; and to plan and deliver effective education programs; and to evaluate results of programs..
Education and Work Experience:
Registration as a Registered Dietitian with the Commission on Dietetic Registration, Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, and Licensure with the Oklahoma State Board of Medical Licensure and Supervision plus two years of experience as a registered dietitian in a food service operation or in a public or community health program or facility. A master’s degree in public health with a major in nutrition or a master’s degree in foods and nutrition with an emphasis on nutrition may substitute for one year of experience.
This position has preferred qualification:
Previous WIC service experience
Applicants who demonstrate they possess the minimum qualifications (education and experience requirements) and the preferred qualifications will be given additional consideration during the interview process.
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT WORKING AT THE OKLAHOMA STATE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH CLICK HERE
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.
Veteran's Preference Points Apply only for initial appointment in the Classified Service.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|