|Department||Office of Management and Enterprise Services|
|Date Opened||10/31/2018 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||11/14/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||Based on education and experience.|
|Full or Part Time||
A resume and cover letter must be submitted along with your application.
The Office of Management and Enterprise Services (OMES) is a trusted, credible partner that empowers employees to provide valued business expertise allowing customers to focus on their missions across state government. OMES provides financial, property, purchasing, human resources and information technology services to all state agencies, and assists the Governor’s Office on budgetary policy matters. Position Summary This position is assigned responsibilities involving the coordination of technical writing among administrative and technical services for the State IT Department. This includes activities involving the drafting of Standard Operating Procedures, User Manuals, creation of templates and user guides, training materials, website content and process documentation. Position Responsibilities Minimum Qualifications Preferred Experience
Our mission is supporting our partners through unified business services. The OMES mission requires a highly-qualified workforce committed to making government run in the most efficient, innovative manner possible. Achieving that mission takes team-oriented, solutions-driven professionals who understand the importance of partnering to achieve success.
The State of Oklahoma, Office of Management and Enterprise Services, Information Services Division is seeking applicants for a part time/intern technical writer position.
• Confers with users in the creation, approval and distribution of Standard Operating Procedures and user guides.
• Coordinates the creation of technical documentation, including but not limited to requirements, testing scenarios, process maps, training materials and videos, website content. Scheduling meetings and other interactions between technical and operations units; assists in reviewing and analyzing technical documents and materials.
• Creation and verification of Knowledge base articles for technical staff and end user consumption.
• Provides training materials to users on various types of software; coordinates with technical staff when problems require additional technical documentation or assistance for the project management office.
• Creates training materials and videos for the deployment of software and hardware.
Basic knowledge of computer systems and related equipment; of technical terminology; and of modern office practices. Ability is required to gather, organize and present data, to communicate effectively; to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others; and to translate user terminology to and from management information systems terminology.
Requirements include high school diploma and 24 semester hours toward a degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience, substituting one year of experience in a related field for each year of the required education.
Office 365 suite including SharePoint.
This position is assigned responsibilities involving the coordination of technical writing among administrative and technical services for the State IT Department. This includes activities involving the drafting of Standard Operating Procedures, User Manuals, creation of templates and user guides, training materials, website content and process documentation.
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.
Veteran’s preference points apply only for initial appointment in the classified service.