|Department||State Department of Health|
|Date Opened||11/1/2018 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||11/12/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Full or Part Time||
JFD: Program Grant Consultant
Working Title: Vaccine Manager
Location: Immunization Service
PIN #: 34000528
The bi-weekly hiring rate established for this position is $2,767.46.
This position will provide coordination and oversight of vaccine ordering and distribution to more than 800 Oklahoma childhood and adolescent immunization providers.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Direct a major comprehensive federal vaccine management program with an annual budget in excess of $70M.
• Provide coordination and oversight of vaccine ordering and distribution to more than 800 childhood and adolescent Vaccines for Children (VFC) providers.
• Plan and direct implementation of new vaccines; establishes guidelines for vaccine ordering, distribution and frequency.
• Oversee state operations of the Center for Disease Control (CDC) Vaccine Tracking System (VTrckS) for distribution of federally purchased vaccine.
• Ensure compliance with all federal vaccine finance policies.
• Develop annual federal vaccine budget and the submission of the monthly vaccine spend plan to CDC.
• Assure accountability of publically purchased vaccines.
• Establish vaccine policies and standards within state and federal regulations and guidelines.
• Budget and plan for future vaccine program strategic direction.
• Review and analyze information from reports, studies, and projects for immediate and long range program development.
• Participate in top level management meetings involving the formulation and implementation of vaccine programs and policies.
• Responsible for the annual development of the Cost and Affordability Tool (CAT) and the annual development of the Population Estimate Summary (PES).
• Coordinate annual influenza activities for local and state VFC providers.
• Represent the service area as a key resource for state emergency management in the event of pandemic influenza preparation, events and/or other immunization related public health emergency response. Collaborates with CDC, Pharmaceutical Representatives and McKesson Distribution to ensure effective and efficient management of vaccine operations.
• Conduct trainings and gives presentations related to appropriate vaccine management.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Knowledge is required of federal and state laws and regulations relating to grants management and/or program administration, and of supervisory principles and practices. Ability to plan, implement and evaluate programs; to analyze situations, programs and problems; to prepare research reports and proposals; to provide technical advice and information to stakeholders and staff in area of expertise. Ability to interact effectively with others; to convey information efficiently and effectively to broad audiences; to convey complex/technical information in a clear manner to a diverse audience; and to apply critical thinking to solve problems or accomplish tasks.
Education and Work Experience:
A bachelor's degree and five years of professional supervisory or managerial experience in a health related field OR an equivalent combination of education and experience, substituting one year of professional level experience in the above listed areas for each year of the required education.
NOTE: No substitution will be allowed for the required professional supervisory or managerial experience.
This position has preferred qualifications:
Master’s degree in Public Health or a related field, and/or Experience in Epidemiology or Biostatistics, or 9 hours of
Applicants who demonstrate they possess the minimum qualifications (education and experience requirements) and the preferred qualifications will be given additional consideration during the interview process.
Title 74, 840-5.5. (A)(4) - Persons employed with one-time, limited duration, federal or other grant funding that is not continuing or indefinitely renewable. The length of the unclassified employment shall not exceed the period of time for which that specific federal funding is provided.
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT WORKING AT THE OKLAHOMA STATE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH CLICK HERE
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.
Veteran's Preference Points Apply only for initial appointment in the Classified Service.