A resume and cover letter must be submitted along with your application.
The Office of Management and Enterprise Services (OMES) is a trusted, credible partner that empowers employees to provide valued business expertise allowing customers to focus on their missions across state government. OMES provides financial, property, purchasing, human resources and information technology services to all state agencies, and assists the Governor’s Office on budgetary policy matters.
Our mission is supporting our partners through unified business services. The OMES mission requires a highly-qualified workforce committed to making government run in the most efficient, innovative manner possible. Achieving that mission takes team-oriented, solutions-driven professionals who understand the importance of partnering to achieve success.
OMES is seeking a full time, unclassified Material Management Specialist. This is a full time unclassified position in state government. OMES offers a comprehensive Benefits Packet, including a generous benefit allowance to offset the cost of insurance premiums for employees and their eligible dependents. For more information about the benefit allowance [click here].The annual salary for this position is up to $29,500 based on education and experience.
The purpose of this position is to provide support to State Surplus and Distribution of the Division of Capital Assets Management (DCAM) of the Office of Management and Enterprise Services (OMES). The primary purpose of this position is to process state material that was brought in from the Oklahoma Metro and surrounding state agencies. This position is also responsible for maintaining warehouse and grounds for the Office of Management and Enterprise Services.
• Arranging of stock in proper location using pallet jacks, vehicles, and lifts as needed to provide easy retrieval of stock and supplies.
• Delivery and pick up of state property materials.
• Operating delivery vehicles with manual transmission, pallet lifts, forklifts and hand trucks in the performance of duties.
• Daily tasks will require heavy lifting of items weighing more than 30 pounds.
• Maintain stockroom and warehouse.
• Prepare material and location for live auctions.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Pick up state materials from agency customers in OKC metro
• Receives incoming stock and supplies, maintains inventory/records/reports
• Maintains the yard and warehouse locations
Education and Experience
High School Diploma or GED
Valued Skills and Experience
A complete understanding of the Microsoft Office Suites is preferred.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
Physical demands include prolonged walking, standing and driving, pushing/pulling 1000lbs, lifting 50lbs. Working environment includes exposure to heat/cold and noise.
OMES is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities may be provided upon request.
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.
Veteran’s preference points apply only for initial appointment in the classified service.