|Department||Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services|
|Date Opened||11/2/2018 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||12/31/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$26,000+ annually plus shift differentials when working evenings, nights and holidays.|
|Full or Part Time||
This position is located at Griffin Memorial Hospital in Norman, OK.
Consumer Recovery Specialist
The Oklahoma Department of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services (ODMHSAS) is responsible for providing services to Oklahomans who are affected by mental illness and substance abuse. ODMHSAS strives to provide persistent, incremental improvements in the quality and effectiveness of treatment which results in better recovery for more Oklahomans. Our state-operated facilities are commissioned to provide services that promote consumer empowerment, wellness, recovery, and integration in the community.
Griffin Memorial Hospital (GMH) is located in Norman, Oklahoma, and serves all 77 counties in Oklahoma as the Department of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services (ODMHSAS) treatment center for adults. GMH provides community crisis stabilization and residential treatment for substance abuse and co-occurring mental health and trauma related conditions.
Griffin Memorial Hospital is committed to creating a nonviolent and trauma-informed culture through the seven (7) Sanctuary Commitments. Those Commitments are - Non-Violence, Emotional Intelligence, Social Learning, Shared Governance, Open Communication, Social Responsibility, and Commitment to Growth and Change.
Shifts vary / $26,000+ annually plus shift differentials when working evenings, nights and holidays.
• Provides direct care to consumers of behavioral health treatment in an inpatient care setting, monitoring recovery progress toward treatment goals, de-escalation activities, participation in recovery, wellness and social skills groups, and developing and managing other group activities.
• Performs crisis intervention and works collaboratively with Psychiatrists, Therapists, and other Nurses.
• Associates Degree OR an equivalent combination of education and experience substituting two years of relevant experience for the required education
• Possesses a strong commitment to patient well-being and safety and believes that recovery is possible!
• Generous benefit allowance to off-set insurance costs
• Flexible Spending Account
• 11 Paid Holidays
• 15 days of vacation and 15 days of sick leave the first year
• Retirement Savings Plan with a generous company match
• Employee Assistance Program
• Longevity Bonus for years of service
Reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities may be provided upon request. EOE.
Veteran's Preference Points apply only for initial appointment in the Classified Service.