|Department||Department of Education|
|Date Opened||11/7/2018 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||11/28/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Full or Part Time||
OK EXCEL PROJECT - MATH INSTRUCTIONAL SPECIALIST
Office of Curriculum & Instruction, Oliver Hodge Building, Oklahoma City
Four (4) content area Instructional Specialists will work within the Oklahoma State Department of Education’s office of Curriculum and Instruction to develop and enact the new Oklahoma Excel Project, aimed at expanding capacity for equitable learning for all students. This work aims to deepen educator content knowledge and increase the use of effective instructional practices. Instructional Specialists will work with schools to analyze instructional practices related to equity and guide improvement efforts.
● Graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelor’s degree in Education or related field. (masters degree preferred) [official transcript(s) required];
● Experience teaching math in grades 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, and/or 8 (a minimum of 5 years of teaching experience preferred);
● Standard Oklahoma Teaching Certificate.
● Considerable knowledge of the Oklahoma Academic Standards for Mathematics, modern teaching techniques, technology, methods and practices; trends and sources of information in the field of education; test and measurement including but not limited to large-scale assessment requirements related to Mathematics, particularly for grade range 3-8;
● Knowledge of and experience conducting field research in educational settings;
● Experience in providing professional development to individual teachers and administrators, and to large and small groups of educators and other audiences;
● Knowledge of and experience in adult teaching and learning;
● Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with fellow employees, local school officials and the general public; to express ideas clearly and concisely; to judge a situation and adopt an effective course of action;
● Ability to identify and evaluate effective classroom instruction;
● Applicants must be willing and able to perform necessary job-related travel;
● Conscientious commitment and willingness to provide courteous, consistent, efficient service through the performance of the prescribed job duties;
● Knowledge of effective distribution of information to schools through such avenues as creating and implementing video conference workshops, webinars, and one-on-one district trainings.
EXAMPLES OF WORK PERFORMED
● Review current research related to improvement science, practical measures, instructional equity, culturally responsive teaching and high leverage instructional practices to guide and shape the work of the Project;
● Develop and conduct field research related to the Project, develop publications as needed sharing findings;
● Collaborate with OSDE curriculum directors on joint projects;
● Develop and facilitate online-virtual communities of practice;
● Develop hybrid (virtual and in-person) coursework related to evidence-based teaching and learning practices;
● Present, as needed, to large groups of diverse educators with various backgrounds, expertise, and contexts.
The work environment consists of a regular office environment on a daily basis with some field work.
20% Travel required with occasional overnight stays.
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.
Veteran's Preference Points apply only for initial appointment in the Classified Service.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|