|Department||Department of Wildlife Conservation|
|Date Opened||11/7/2018 3:30:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||11/18/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$41,638.00 year* / *Salary commensurate with experience and education.|
|Full or Part Time||
Must apply online.
Contact the Human Resource Office with questions:
Oklahoma Department of Wildlife Conservation,
2145 NE 36th Street.,
Oklahoma City, OK 73111
Full time employees must submit a Letter of Application to the Human Resource Office.
Please attach a transcript to your application; your application will not be considered without an attached transcript.
(Mailed or faxed copies are not accepted)
Applications will be reviewed and the best qualified candidates will be invited for an interview.
All applicants tentatively selected for this position will be required to submit to a background check and a urinalysis to screen for illegal drug use before appointment. Appointment to this position will be contingent upon a negative drug test result.
Must be a U. S. Citizen or Alien authorized to work in the United States.
A list of current openings can be found on the Department website at www.wildlifedepartment.com.
Position: Assistant Hatchery Manager
Holdenville State Fish Hatchery, Holdenville, Hughes County, OK – location of domicile must be approved by supervisor.
Salary: $41,638.00 / Yearly*
*Salary commensurate with experience and education.
Summary of Job Duties:
Under the supervision of the Hatchery Manager, assist in supervising and directing activities of employees to ensure successful culture of an assigned number and species of fish. Those activities include: collection, fertilization, incubation, feeding, sorting, transfer, and distribution of various species. Maintain proper pond conditions, guard against diseases, and provide pest and weed control. Keep hatchery grounds, buildings, and equipment clean, orderly, and in good condition. Prepare and submit adequate, accurate records and reports on all phases of work. Assist the Hatchery Manager in the design and implementation of research projects to enhance fish production and present research findings at state and regional professional meetings.
Must have the ability to:
• Operate boats, motor vehicles, lawn mowers, tractors, and ATVs with various attachments.
• Operate and use firearms, cutting torch, and welding equipment.
• Lift and carry a minimum of 50 pounds for a distance of 100 yards.
• Ability to push / pull a minimum of 50 pounds to hook up trailers, load boats, and various other equipment.
• Walk and jog over rough terrain for extended periods of time.
• Must be able to swim.
• Work alone in remote areas.
• Endure various extremes of outdoor weather conditions.
• Work extended hours, weekends, and stay overnight out of town.
• Handle wild animals in live and dead condition, including field dressing wild game.
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships, work independently, and be professional and courteous with the public and other agencies.
• Communicate clearly and effectively in public speaking situations and be able to express oneself clearly and concisely in writing.
• Operate and use small and hand held equipment and supplies.
• Use personal computer and various office equipment.
• Operate and use field traps, survey gear, and lab equipment.
• Conduct day / night audio and visual surveys.
Requires a Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Aquatic Resource Management or closely related field from an accredited college or university. Please attach a transcript to your application; your application will not be considered without an attached transcript.
Two years previous hatchery experience is required. Five years previous hatchery experience may substitute for the formal education bringing the total experience required to seven years.
Knowledge and Skills:
Knowledge of principles and techniques of warm water fish culture, supervisory ability and use of personal computers. Skill in operation and maintenance of vehicles, machinery, farm implements and tools.
The Department will make all decisions regarding recruitment, hiring, promotions, terminations, and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination on grounds of age, race, color, creed or religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, or other factors which cannot be lawfully used as the basis for an employment decision.
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.
Veteran's Preference Points Apply only for initial appointment in the Classified Service.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|