|Department||Department of Education|
|Date Opened||11/28/2018 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||12/12/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Full or Part Time||
LATIMER, MCINTOSH, OKFUSKEE, OKMULGEE & PITTSBURG COUNTIES
Office of Child Nutrition
Under general supervision, serve as consultant and provide technical assistance to school/non-school administrators and food service personnel in the interpretation of program regulations and the solution of management and operational problems in all Child Nutrition Programs (CNP) within the designated territory; perform related work as required and/or assigned.
• Graduation from an accredited college or university with a master’s degree in education, foods and nutrition or related field (official transcripts required); OR
• A bachelor’s degree in education, foods and nutrition or related field (official transcripts required) and three years of successful full-time paid employment in the administration or coordination of food and nutrition programs;
• In lieu of bachelor’s degree, a minimum of 10 years successful full-time employment in the administration or coordination of food and nutrition programs;
• Applicant must be willing and able to perform a significant amount of necessary job-related travel between territory home office and program sites within assigned territory.
• Considerable knowledge of the principles and practices of foods and nutrition education; of modern methods, materials and equipment used in food preparation and service;
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with associates, lay groups and representatives of other governmental jurisdictions; to direct, conduct, coordinate and implement adequate CNP; to express ideas clearly and concisely; to conduct effective meetings and workshops; to judge a situation correctly and adopt an effective course of action;
• Applicant must possess proficient computer skills and adapt to an automated work environment;
• Commitment to teamwork; consensus management; participatory decision-making process; applicant must be self-motivated, self-disciplined and work well independently; Applicant must possess excellent organizational skills and be flexible to schedule changes;
• Conscientious commitment and willingness to provide courteous, consistent, efficient service through the performance of the prescribed critical tasks;
• Applicant must be willing and able to perform necessary job-related travel;
• Communicate effectively in group training;
• Knowledge and familiarity with resource/budget information and contract documentation.
EXAMPLES OF WORK PERFORMED
• Review CNP operations in every institution within the assigned territory, using designated review instruments; Determine compliance with contract requirements, state and federal laws, and state and federal rules and regulations; Prepare appropriate reports; Check work standards, buying practices, and the utilization of United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) donated foods; evaluate menus to assure that adequate nutritional standards are being followed; Review food service facilities to observe the preparation and service of meals; investigate complaints and report findings together with corrective measures required; If any review findings result in an appeal by the institution, assist in trial preparations and testimony;
• Responsible for training of program participants within the assigned territory; work with the Nutrition Education and Training staff to organize and conduct training classes; assist in the development and implementation of up-to-date curriculum for CNP participants; encourage participants to utilize on-line training;
• Interpret federal and state policies and regulations to board members, administrators, and food service personnel;
• At the time any field position is vacated, assist in assuming the regulatory responsibility of that territory until a replacement can be hired; assist in the training of any new field staff; assist fellow staff members with any problems that might arise during an administrative review and/or technical assistance situations; assist fellow staff members in meeting regulatory requirements for reviews and technical assistance;
• Serve as consultant and speaker at educational, professional, in-service, civic, county, and district meetings;
• Participate in activities of Oklahoma and national associations and councils in the area of nutrition and food service.
General office setting. Home office is required.
Home office setting with daily travel to assigned service region. Some overnight travel may be necessary.
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.
Veteran's Preference Points apply only for initial appointment in the Classified Service.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|