Boiling Springs State Park - Woodward, OK
|Department||Tourism and Recreation Department|
|Date Opened||11/29/2018 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||12/14/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$30,391.96 annually plus benefits|
|Full or Part Time||
HOW TO APPLY: This position is located at Boiling Springs State Park in Woodward, OK. **Review of documents will begin immediately**
Submit a Resume and Cover Letter* during the announcement period listed above to:
ATTN: Carlene Smith
900 N Stiles Ave, Ste 200
Oklahoma City, OK 73104-3234
*Cover Letter must include an accurate address and telephone number, as well as the title of the position for which you are applying.
**Pursuant to 21 O.S. – 481, Oklahoma Tourism and Recreation Department (OTRD) avoids hiring relatives of individuals already employed by OTRD. The OTRD Nepotism Policy (P121) is strictly enforced, therefore, managers are strongly discouraged from hiring immediate family.
TO BE CONSIDERED:
• Any individual may apply for an unclassified posting.
• Employment Application must be postmarked by the closing date of announcement.
• OTRD is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities may be provided upon request.
ACCOUNT CLERK II (Park) (9252)
Under direction of the Park Manager and other designated supervisors, performs complex bookkeeping work and related clerical tasks.
EXAMPLES OF WORK PERFORMED:
• Checks accounting transactions for accuracy, completeness and presence of supporting documents.
• Audits and codes daily park revenue and expenditure transactions in accordance with a chart of accounts and detailed instructions.
• Prepares and enters payroll, calculating accurate leave balances, reconciles local leave balances with state system.
• Prepares monthly budget reports, assisting park manager with annual budget preparation and entry.
• Assists with needed park purchasing: producing annual purchase orders, monthly tracking of purchasing spreadsheets, completion of purchase card (pcard) training, monitor purchases and coding of all pcard transactions, monthly reconciliation of pcard purchases.
• Prepares required reports.
• Performs moderately complex reconciliation of account detail to central ledgers, analysis of data to resolve possible disagreements within several accounts.
• Performs various clerical, typing and related duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES:
Knowledge of clerical accounting, bookkeeping terminology, hospitality industry terminology, business arithmetic and modern office practices.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Completion of two (2) high school or business school level courses in bookkeeping or accounting and one (1) year of experience in clerical bookkeeping work or office clerical experience; Or completion of two (2) college level courses in accounting; Or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
This position is located at Boiling Springs State Park in Woodward, OK.
**Review of documents will begin immediately**
Veteran’s preference points apply only for initial appointment in the classified service.