|Department||State Department of Health|
|Date Opened||11/29/2018 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||12/13/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||Up to $40,482.96 based on education and experience|
|Full or Part Time||
The Oklahoma State Department of Health (OSDH) is committed to providing quality health services to Oklahoma citizens. Our mission is to protect and promote health, to prevent disease and injury, and to cultivate conditions by which Oklahomans can be healthy. Position Description: Duties include, but are not limited to: Education and Experience Knowledge, Skills and Abilities This position has a preferred qualification: Applicants who demonstrate they possess the minimum qualifications (education and experience requirements) and the preferred qualifications will be given additional consideration during the interview process.
OSDH is seeking a full time Contract Monitor/Office Manager providing support to Injury Prevention Service. This is an unclassified position in state government, located in Oklahoma County. OSDH offers a comprehensive Benefits Packet, including a generous benefit allowance to offset the cost of insurance premiums for employees and their eligible dependents. For more information about the benefit allowance [click here]. The annual salary for this position is up to $40,482.96 based on education and experience. Travel may be required.
This position develops, coordinates, and manages all Injury Prevention Service (IPS) procurement and financial documents related to purchasing, bidding, contracting, and travel, as well as the associated approval, evaluation, and monitoring processes. The position also supervises administrative staff, provides administrative support to the IPS Director, provides administrative direction and technical support for the daily operation of all programs administered by the IPS, and serves as a liaison between IPS staff, contractors, Procurement, Budget and Funding, inventory, and records retention.
1) Develop, manage, and evaluate all IPS contracts within the scope and requirements of federal grant funding.
2) Develop purchase requests, transmittals, requisitions, scope of work, invitations to bid, requests for proposals, and sole source requests.
3) Serve as the contract monitor on all IPS contracts; conduct site visits, performance reviews, and evaluations; and maintain thorough documentation.
4) Collaborate with the appropriate IPS program staff throughout the contract period; assist contractors with understanding and complying with the terms of the contract; and develop and manage all necessary modifications, budget revisions, evaluations, and renewals.
5) Review and approve all invoices received for payment to ensure accuracy and completeness; verify that expenses are allowable and reimbursable.
6) Supervise IPS administrative staff.
7) Prepare travel requests and assist staff with in-state and out-of-state travel.
8) Maintain a working knowledge of applicable federal and state regulations and policies on contracting and purchasing, agency purchasing policies and procedures, and IPS grants, associated requirements and timelines.
9) Serve as the principal IPS staff advisor on policies and procedures related to acquiring the products/services/resources needed to meet programmatic objectives, and provide the coordination and technical/administrative support necessary to achieve objectives.
10) Assist with monitoring IPS budgets, expenditure reports, and encumbrance reports; review time and effort validation reports and provide information to the Director.
11) Ensure the administrative needs of the IPS are met and provide assistance as needed to program staff, conduct personnel-related duties, and perform and/or delegate various office-related and administrative tasks.
Bachelor’s degree and one year of work experience in public administration, contracting, procurement, finance, complex clerical work, or other related area. Work experience may be substituted for each year of required education.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities for this position include: (1) knowledge of the principles of accounting and public administration; of federal and state laws and regulations relating to grant administration, contracting, and purchasing; of competitive bid, contracting, and purchasing processes for the procurement of a variety of goods and services; of the maintenance of complex and confidential records; of business communications including grammar, punctuation, and spelling; and of business mathematics; (2) the ability to plan, coordinate, and track multiple ongoing projects; to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others; to communicate very effectively both orally and in writing; to interpret and handle routine matters and decisions in accordance with agency policy; to exercise good judgment in analyzing situations and making decisions; and to review and analyze financial data; and (3) very strong skills in organization and documentation, problem solving, and computer operation, particularly Microsoft Word and Excel.
One year of state purchasing or contracting experience.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
Education and Experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
This position has a preferred qualification:
Applicants who demonstrate they possess the minimum qualifications (education and experience requirements) and the preferred qualifications will be given additional consideration during the interview process.
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT WORKING AT THE OKLAHOMA STATE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH CLICK HERE
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.
Veteran's Preference Points Apply only for initial appointment in the Classified Service.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|