|Department||State Department of Health|
|Date Opened||11/29/2018 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||12/13/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||Up to $56,755.00 based on education and experience.|
|Full or Part Time||
The Oklahoma State Department of Health (OSDH) is committed to providing quality health services to Oklahoma citizens. Our mission is to protect and promote health, to prevent disease and injury, and to cultivate conditions by which Oklahomans can be healthy. Applicants who demonstrate they possess the minimum qualifications (education and experience requirements) and the preferred qualifications will be given additional consideration during the interview process. Position Description: Duties include, but are not limited to: Education and Experience Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Physical Demands and Work Environment
OSDH is seeking a full time Program Coordinator providing support to Health Policy, Planning, and Partnerships. This is an unclassified position in state government, located in Oklahoma City. OSDH offers a comprehensive Benefits Packet, including a generous benefit allowance to offset the cost of insurance premiums for employees and their eligible dependents. For more information about the benefit allowance [click here]. The annual salary for this position is up to $56,755.00 based on education and experience.
This position has preferred qualifications:
Specialized training in strategic planning and previous experience working with state or county governments.
This position is responsible for strategic performance initiatives related to agency and statewide priorities. Assigned responsibilities involve planning of complex initiatives, developing and coordinating state health improvement plan, systems and policy actions for the agency. This position will interact with agency leadership as well as external key stakeholders, including executive level stakeholders, from both the public and private sectors in Oklahoma.
This position ensures key projects align with agency strategic plans and statewide goals. The overall mission of plans, goals, and projects/programs is to improve population health in the state and to improve agency efficiency.
• Coordinates the planning, development, implementation, and evaluation of the strategic plan for the Oklahoma State Department of Health.
• Develops goals, objectives, and outcomes for performance management policies, practices, and systems.
• Coordinates the planning, development, implementation, and evaluation of local, regional, and state health improvement plans, systems, and initiatives in Oklahoma. Participates in efforts to identify tools and strategies aimed at improving health outcomes in the Oklahoma.
• Coordinates activities and efforts by conducting research, maintaining a statewide repository of tools and products, and consulting key stakeholders and agency leadership to ensure that strategic goals and health outcomes are developed, implemented, and monitored within prescribed period and resource parameters.
• Identifies and communicates needed areas of change and alternative solutions as necessary to advance the strategic performance initiatives related to agency and statewide priorities. Leads and develops teams as needed.
• Advises and assists leadership in identifying priorities, establishing goals, objectives, and outcomes, and providing feedback to guide decision-making and resource allocation.
• Serves as a consultant and subject matter expert concerning the strategic planning and performance management.
• Interacts with and provides technical assistance to internal customers (such as state and county health department leadership and staff) as well as external stakeholders from the public, private, and nonprofit sectors in Oklahoma.
• Facilitates meeting and reporting schedules for the development, implementation, and evaluation of health improvement plans, systems, and initiatives.
• Develops strategic partnerships to leverage resources.
• Ensures alignment of initiatives with state and federal entities as necessary.
• Coordinates and participates in data gathering and analysis for the purposes of health improve.
Master’s degree in any of the following fields: public administration, public health, business, social work, finance, or a closely related field and at least three years of professional experience in strategic planning, performance management, public policy, management of complex projects for public, private, or nonprofit organizations, and state and federal policies and regulations.
Knowledge and experience in strategic planning, performance management, policy development, stakeholder engagement, and public health. Ability to think critically is required. Must possess analytical and problem-solving skills. Ability to define planning-related needs and problems and to formulate appropriate recommendations; to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing; to prepare and review complex planning reports; to interpret laws, rules and regulations; and to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others is required.
Office environment. Computer based.
Applicants who demonstrate they possess the minimum qualifications (education and experience requirements) and the preferred qualifications will be given additional consideration during the interview process.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
Education and Experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Physical Demands and Work Environment
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT WORKING AT THE OKLAHOMA STATE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH CLICK HERE
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.
Veteran's Preference Points Apply only for initial appointment in the Classified Service.