|Department||State Department of Health|
|Date Opened||11/30/2018 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||12/14/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Full or Part Time||
The Oklahoma State Department of Health (OSDH) is committed to providing quality health services to Oklahoma citizens. Our mission is to protect and promote health, to prevent disease and injury, and to cultivate conditions by which Oklahomans can be healthy.
OSDH is seeking a full time Chief Architect providing support to Medical Facilities Service. This is an unclassified position in state government, located in Oklahoma County. OSDH offers a comprehensive Benefits Packet, including a generous benefit allowance to offset the cost of insurance premiums for employees and their eligible dependents. For more information about the benefit allowance [click here]. The annual salary for this position is set at $79,946.89. Travel required.
This position is responsible for directing and ensuring that Long Term Care, Assisted Living, Residential Care, Hospice, Jail, and applicable Medical Facilities are in compliance with codes and that design and construction are safe for the patients and public, who will be served by the entities.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Directs and Supervises other professionals and staff.
• Reviews the work of architectural, interior design, electrical and construction inspection staff regarding conceptual designs, final designs, working drawings, specifications, addenda, cost estimates and change orders for the construction or modification of department facilities; ensures adherence to applicable regulations, directives and standards.
• Provides consultation and guidance to division directors, the executive director and other officials to assist in establishing future design programs, budgets and project requirements.
• Coordinates the inspection of work contractor; makes personal investigations and/or plan-in-hand inspections to check work, materials, methods and adherence to plans, specifications and contract documents.
• Conducts field inspections and plan and specification reviews.
• Conducts meetings to convey organizational information, policies, procedures, goals and strategies, schedules, standards and priorities.
• Conducts and/or arranges for training on design and construction industry practices and procedures for personnel development purposes.
• Provides technical guidance.
Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree in Architecture, registration as a licensed architect and three years of experience as a licensed architect. This position has preferred qualifications: Master’s Degree and experience in Health Care Design.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Knowledge of architectural principles and practices; of building structural, mechanical and electrical design principles and practices; of architectural construction documents; of on-site inspection practices; of construction management principles: of building and handicap codes; of hazardous materials, CAD drafting; project management; and the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), OSHA and ICC regulations and laws and other regulations and policies related to the field of architecture Ability is required to review and develop architectural plans and specifications; to conduct inspections on projects; to collect and organize data; to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others; to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing; apply state statutes, architectural codes and contacts, to organize and conduct several projects simultaneously, perform and direct difficult and complex architect projects; to effectively organize, motivate and direct staff
Physical Demands and Work Environment
In-state travel up to 50% of the time. Lifting up to 50 pounds. Ability to safely traverse through construction sites (which may not be ADA compliant during construction) to conduct courtesy reviews. Must be able to use a ladder and climb stairs for purposes of inspection. Environment includes construction sites and office work.
• Applicants must have a valid driver's license and be willing and able to perform all job related travel normally associated with this position.
• Incumbents must renew their architect license in accordance with the rules of the governing body issuing license, inclusive of continuing education requirements.
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT WORKING AT THE OKLAHOMA STATE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH CLICK HERE
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.
Veteran's Preference Points Apply only for initial appointment in the Classified Service.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|