|Department||Department of Environmental Quality|
|Date Opened||12/4/2018 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||12/18/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Full or Part Time||
Located in the Environmental Complaints and Local Services Division, in the Oklahoma City office.
May be filled as a Level I, II, III or IV. All applicants must apply to each position for which they qualify.
Major Job Duties:
1. Assist with the investigation and resolution of complaints involving total retention lagoon systems.
2. Prepare formal and/or informal enforcement actions resulting from significant violations and track the progress of formal enforcement actions at total retention lagoons to ensure compliance.
3. Under direct supervision of a Professional Engineer, review and respond in writing to all engineering reports on proposed new total retention lagoon systems or system improvements to ensure the proposed construction meets the needs of the system and complies with DEQ rules and procedures.
4. Participate in management-approved training as a recipient and/or presenter, as necessary.
5. Provide technical assistance to total retention lagoon systems by making on-site visits and documenting those visits with Technical Assistance Reports or Inspection Reports.
6. Provide technical assistance to Division in evaluating new system, new technology and complex permit applications; provide technical assistance to Division management in rulemaking activities.
All interested applicants must submit their resume and transcript at the time of application.
An EEO Employer.
IF YOU ARE A CURRENT OR FORMER PERMANENT, CLASSIFIED STATE EMPLOYEE, PLEASE APPLY TO THE “INTERNAL JOBS” LISTING HERE. DO NOT APPLY VIA THIS RECRUITMENT.
Positions in this job family are assigned responsibility for providing engineering expertise, guidance and technical assistance to state agencies, consultants, and the public. Incumbents accomplish this by performing engineering tasks and by reviewing and evaluating the work of consultants, contractors and facility operators, under the supervision of a professional engineer.
The Engineer Intern job family has five levels that are distinguished based on the complexity of the engineering assignment and the level of expertise required by a specific position.
This is the career level for experienced engineering interns who perform advanced technical engineering duties in support of a program or project. This level provides advice and guidance as opposed to directing engineering activities.
Education and Experience requirements at this level consist of registration as an Engineer Intern and two years of experience in the practice of engineering subsequent to registration; or an equivalent combination of education and experience, substituting a master’s degree in engineering for one year of experience in the practice of engineering.
This position will involve performing on-site field work. Overnight travel will also be required. Must be able to walk long distances, walk in difficult terrain, climb ladders or stairs, wear personal protective equipment including a respirator, and be able to carry up to 50 lbs. of equipment. Persons with out-of-state registration as an Engineer Intern must transfer their registration with the State of Oklahoma through the Oklahoma State Board of Registration for Professional Engineers and Land Surveyors no later than six months from the date of appointment. Persons will not be granted permanent classified status without a valid Oklahoma registration as an Engineer Intern.
All interested applicants must upload a copy of their resume and transcript to their application submission.
Scores based on: 100% Qualification Review.
***NOTE: Names of eligible applicants can be made available to State agencies upon their request, immediately following the closing date and time.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Application NOW using the Internet.|