*Div. of Economic Dev./Scout Motors Technical Training Instructor
|Date Opened||11/8/2023 11:30:00 AM|
NOTICE OF JOB OPENING
Scout Motors Technical Training Instructor
DIVISION: Economic Development/readySCTM
LOCATION: 111 Executive Center Drive, Columbia, South Carolina 29210
BAND RANGE: $37,860 - $70,054 BAND: Unclassified
OPENING DATE: October 30, 2023
CLOSING DATE: Open Until Filled
readySC™ is a part of the Economic Development Division of the South Carolina Technical College System. We promote the economic and workforce development for the state of SC by providing customized training for new and expanding business and industry in the state of SC. We are currently recruiting for Technical Training Instructors for the Scout Motors project whose primary duty is to deliver technical training according to project scope and conduct training on technical aspects of approved training curricula. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Lecture class on safety, installation, maintenance, repair of machinery and equipment, as well as following work instructions using visual aids, such as graphs, charts, videos, and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrate procedures being taught by applying knowledge of mechanics, hydraulics, and pneumatics, using hand tools, measuring instruments, testing equipment, and following the course outline.
- Observe trainees in laboratory and answers trainees' questions.
- Administer written and practical assessments to evaluate trainees' performance.
- Conduct In-House & Mobile Training.
- Ensure all materials are in the classroom.
- Clean-up of classrooms at end of class.
- Preparation of all necessary paperwork for course delivery.
- Completion and submission of any required documentation upon conclusion.
- Deliver attendance within the established deadlines.
- Work with students in both the classroom and lab setting.
- Perform pre-evaluation of training participants and final evaluation on the result of the training.
- Support other technical training areas.
- Compile and provide constructive feedback to training assessment candidates in a professional and respectful manner.
- Deliver technical product knowledge and skill-based instruction, including certification, tactical and customized curricula for the customer.
- Manage classroom with an ability to command an audience.
- Implement approved revisions to course material as necessary to actively engage participants to maximize learning.
- Continuously enhance technical instructional delivery and presentation skills.
- Ensure the quality and consistency of course content throughout a course life cycle.
- Arrange training area and setting up of training model, equipment and tools for the training course.
Minimum and Additional Requirements:
- A bachelor’s degree and relevant experience.
- Previous automotive or general manufacturing experience.
- Previous experience delivering curricula in a learning environment or other group training setting.
- Familiarity with manufacturing production environments, engineering drawings, manufacturing management software, curriculum development and web-based processes is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of adult learning theory.
- Knowledge of Process Improvement principles.
- Excellent presentation and listening skills.
- Highly competent facilitation, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Personal computer skills in the major office applications, i.e., Word, Excel, Access.
- Team Player - ability to build and sustain credibility.
- Candidates should be able to work independently, be self-directing, have good verbal and written skills, and be available to work different shifts.
TYPE OF POSITION: Time Limited - Full-Time
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Persons interested in this opportunity should apply online at www.governmentjobs.com/careers/sc/sctechsystem.
Direct link to this position is:
Please complete the State application to include current and previous work history and education. A resume may be attached, but not substituted for completing work history and education sections of the application or to determine if an applicant has met the minimum qualifications and additional requirements for the position. The SC Technical College System provides affirmative action and equal opportunity in employment for all qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, - including the basis of pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions, national origin, age, religion, or disability.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
PURSUANT TO SECTION 41-1-110 OF THE CODE OF LAWS OF SC, AS AMENDED, THE LANGUAGE USED IN THIS DOCUMENT DOES NOT CREATE AN EMPLOYMENT CONTRACT BETWEEN THE EMPLOYEE AND THE AGENCY.