Horton, Inc. - Machine Operator
Post Hire Training
|Date Opened||3/3/2021 4:00:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||6/30/2021 09:40:00 AM|
In cooperation with
Tri-County Technical College
is assisting with the recruitment and on-the-job training for
You will find Horton’s engine cooling solutions around the globe…on heavy-, medium- and light-duty trucks…on motor coaches and buses…on construction, agricultural and mining equipment…and on generators and industrial compressors. Almost any place you find engines with optimized cooling systems, you will find Horton.
- Will be expected to be able to perform daily tasks.
- Read and follow instructions on routings and work instructions for each job.
- Checks stock bins for adequate supplies of sub-assembly, parts and any other items needed. Contacts material handler or Production Lead and Area Manager if shortages exist.
- Complete all departmental paperwork, such as routings, assembly tickets, downtime tracking sheets, production status sheets and daily checklists. Communicate questions and problems to Lead or Area Manager
- Responsible for the safe operation of machinery used for pre-assembly components. Machinery may vary from hand tools to large stamping or molding presses as determined by area.
- Perform frequent quality checks as directed by management or a Quality Representative. May be required to use quality inspection tools such as gauges, micrometers and/or calipers.
- Continuously inspect part quality.
- Relay all information about current job to oncoming shift.
- Maintain production rate on each job.
- Prepares work to be accomplished by studying assembly instructions and blueprint specifications. Assembles components by examining connections for correct fit; fastening parts and subassemblies.
- Verifies quality specifications by measuring completed component/product. Will be responsible for the operation and set-up of all simple and complex machines within their assigned area.
- Ensure data accuracy before transacting in inventory system. Elevate issues or suspected discrepancies to management.
- Will be required to fill in as Operator in other departments as directed/rotated.
- Train new operators when assigned.
- Practice 6S and maintain clean and safe work areas at all times.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Requires a high school diploma, or equivalent (GED).
- Previous relevant work experience in a manufacturing environment a plus
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily.
- Ability to work well in a group and individually.
- Some degree of mechanical aptitude may be required.
- Must have legal authorization to work in the United States.
- Relocation allowance may be provided if the individual has all of the necessary qualifications.