Curtiss-Wright Corporation - Assembler
|Date Opened||11/1/2019 10:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||10/31/2020 11:59:00 PM|
In Cooperation With
Trident Technical College
is assisting with the recruitment and training for
Potential employment opportunities exist for:
The CURTISS-WRIGHT CORPORATION is an American-based, global diversified product manufacturer which has a long tradition of providing state-of-the-art, reliable solutions through trusted customer relationships to the commercial, industrial, defense and energy markets.
The Opportunity | Assembler
The primary function of an Assembler will be to assemble, test, fit and disassemble assemblies or subassemblies including but not limited to main steam turbines, valves, gears, generators, pumps, compressors, experimental work, part alterations and repairs.
Responsibilities / Job Duties / Tasks :
• Read and interpret written and verbal work instructions, utilizing detailed part and tool drawings. Set up work areas and machines to perform required operations for any assigned work scope. Obtain all tools, fixtures and relocation equipment to perform work
• Follow established operational procedures to perform all functions such as assembly, machine, balance, rivet, etc.
• Work to close tolerances on interrelated dimensions. Examine work scope noting dimensions, tolerances, required tools and operations. Determine need for inspection to check fits, clearances, etc. prior to, during and after assembly. Notify inspectors as required. Check work and record dimensions or characteristics as required
• Operate manual and programmable riveter machines, pressure washing and blast cleaning equipment and heating equipment
• High School Diploma or Equivalent
• Ability to operate material handling equipment and set-up/operate assigned machines and equipment.
• Ability to read and interpret blueprints, layout and process worksheets
• Experience working with a variety of tools and equipment such as lathes, drill presses, mills, riveters, presses, surface grinding, low speed balance, heating equipment, positioners, and hand power tools
This position may require exposure to information which is subject to US export control regulations, i.e. the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of U.S. regulations.
Curtiss-Wright values diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you require accommodation due to a disability at any time during the recruitment and/or assessment process, please contact Talent Acquisition and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request.
IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER NOTICE
The job duties, elements, responsibilities, skills, functions, experience, educational factors, and the requirements and conditions listed in this job description are representative only and are not exhaustive of the tasks that an employee may be required to perform. The Company reserves the right to revise this job description at any time and to require employees to perform other tasks as circumstances or conditions of its business, competitive considerations, or the work environment change.
***An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/H/V***
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|Contact us via conventional means.||You may contact us by e-mail at readySCSupport@sctechsystem.edu, or apply for a job in person at your local Department of Employment and Workforce office. Locate your nearest office.|