Curtiss-Wright Corporation - CNC Machinist
|Date Opened||11/1/2019 10:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||6/30/2020 12:00:00 PM|
In Cooperation With
Trident Technical College
is assisting with the recruitment and training for
Potential employment opportunities exist for:
The CURTISS-WRIGHT CORPORATION is an American-based, global diversified product manufacturer which has a long tradition of providing state-of-the-art, reliable solutions through trusted customer relationships to the commercial, industrial, defense and energy markets.
The Opportunity | CNC Machinist
Primary function as a Machinist will be to set up and operate NC/CNC machines, as well as conventional machines to produce (and repair) a variety of finished and semi-finished components and assemblies.
Assemble and disassemble machined parts and components using established manufacturing processes.
Responsibilities / Job Duties / Tasks:
• Read and interpret detailed part and tool drawings. Set up and operate a variety of NC/CNC machines, including multi-axis machines, HBM, VTL, lathe, grinding, and hone machine tools with related tools, computers and attachments, etc. utilizing all types and sizes of fixtures, attachments, gauges, precision measuring equipment, machinist's tools, etc.
• Operate bridge cranes, jib cranes, fork trucks, hand trucks, etc. for material handling; and computers and Manufacturing Systems
• Follow established operational procedures to perform all machining functions such as turn, mill, bore, groove, chamfer, profile, taper, tap, etc. Hand or machine blending and finishing as required. Maintain drawing requirements including length, diameters, perpendicularity, parallelism, concentricity, etc.
• Support development and routine machining operations associated with NC/CNC Mill/Turn, HBM, VTL, Horizontal Lathe equipment
• Assist in the startup of NC/CNC machines including Mill/Turn, HBM, VTL, Horizontal Lathe, multi-axis equipment
• High School graduate
• Completion of a four-year machinist apprenticeship or equivalent is an asset
• 4+ years in CNC machines experience
• Ability to maintain acceptable quality and efficiency level, and effectively communicate with others
• Must demonstrate basic knowledge, skills, and abilities to assembly work and machining
• Lifting objects weighing 50 pounds to waist height and transporting a distance of 10 feet
• Must be a sole US citizen and able to obtain and maintain DOD security clearance
This position may require exposure to information, which is subject to US export control regulations, i.e. the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of U.S. regulations.
Curtiss-Wright values diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you require accommodation due to a disability at any time during the recruitment and/or assessment process, please contact Talent Acquisition and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request.IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER NOTICE
The job duties, elements, responsibilities, skills, functions, experience, educational factors, and the requirements and conditions listed in this job description are representative only and are not exhaustive of the tasks that an employee may be required to perform. The Company reserves the right to revise this job description at any time and to require employees to perform other tasks as circumstances or conditions of its business, competitive considerations, or the work environment change.
You will be taken to another site to apply.
***An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/H/V***