Oldcastle APG - Maintenance and Repair Mechanic
|Date Opened||10/26/2020 5:00:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||12/23/2020 11:59:00 PM|
In Cooperation With
Spartanburg Community College
is assisting with the recruitment and training for
Adams Products, an industry leading concrete masonry technology and design company, is establishing a world-class dry mix and bagging plant in Cherokee County. The company is installing state-of-the-art manufacturing equipment that will allow for high volume production of two well-known product lines – Sakrete bagged concrete mixes and Amerimix mortars. We are seeking qualified candidates for the start-up of our new facility in Cowpens.
Potential Employment Opportunity Exists for:
Maintenance and Repair Mechanic
Responsible for overall maintenance and repair of equipment, tools and machinery as assigned by the Maintenance Supervisor or Head Mechanic.
- A strong emphasis on safety and good safety practices.
- Receive instructions covering the scheduling of emergency repair, installation and inspection work to be done.
- Inspect equipment for defects including misalignment, wear and insufficient lubrications.
- Install, adjust, and repair production equipment and special purpose machines as assigned.
- Operate a variety of hand and power tools to repair, grease, weld, cut, change parts and complete tasks as assigned.
- Responsible for non-electrical machinery inclusive of gearboxes, pumps, line shafts, conveyors, fans and blowers, hydraulic cylinders, air cylinders, hydraulic motors, air motors and air valves.
- Weld and use cutting torch as required.
- Perform general repairs to plant structures.
- Keep work area in a clean and orderly condition.
- Test malfunctioning machinery, determine repairs and discuss with head mechanic for approval and repair as needed.
- Replace faulty parts, electrical wires, motors, controls and circuit boards.
- Install equipment and electrical components and test to ensure proper functioning.
- Observe mechanical devices and equipment and listen to sounds to determine proper functioning or identify causes of trouble.
- Dismantle equipment to gain access to and remove defective parts using hoists, cranes, hand tools and power tools.
- Replace and install parts as needed.
- Lubricate and clean parts and equipment to ensure proper operation.
- Other duties and responsibilities related to the nature of the job may be assigned on a temporary or permanent basis as needed.
- Up to two weeks of out of state travel may be required for training.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the job. Company conducts pre-employment background screening and drug testing.
Education and Experience Required:
- High School diploma, GED or equivalent in training, education or experience.
- Technical or vocational school certification or equivalent in training or experience.
- Ability to read and interpret instructions and operations manuals and follow step by step instructions.
- Mechanical aptitude and ability are essential.
- Skilled in the use of hand and power tools Knowledge of hydraulics, mechanics, electricity, carpentry or related field preferred.
- Lift tools, machinery parts and other objects weighing up to 60 – 80 pounds each.
- Endure intermittent bending, crouching, pushing, pulling, stooping and reaching.
- Standing for extended period. Able to work under extreme conditions such as hot or cold temperatures, noise, dust and dirt.
Openings available for all shifts.
For more information and to apply click here
Or paste this link in your browser:
You will be taken to another site to apply.