Mark Anthony Brewing, Inc. - Packaging Lead
|Company||Mark Anthony Brewing, Inc.|
|Date Opened||6/15/2021 2:00:00 PM|
in cooperation with
Midlands Technical College
is assisting with the recruitment and training for
Mark Anthony Brewing, the 4th Largest Brewer in the United States, will be opening our revolutionary, state-of-the-art brewing and packaging facility in Columbia, SC in mid-2021. This is your opportunity to be a part of an innovative team in a brand new, state-of-the-art brewing facility in Columbia, South Carolina.
The PACKAGING LEAD will make certain that Safety and Quality are at the forefront of all activities for both them and their team. This role will work closely with the Packaging Supervisor and the Packaging Operators to ensure daily and weekly tasks are being completed on-time and according to standard operating procedures. This position will be a front-line leader in the brewery.
As a PACKAGING LEAD, your responsibilities will include:
- Lead by example and drive all Plant and Safety policies and procedures within the Brewery, including wearing Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as well as adhering to Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs). Ensure team members are accountable to same.
- Complete daily and weekly tasks using Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) to ensure sustained and repeatable quality and overall performance results.
- Ensure continuous operation of process equipment through active operator management, process monitoring and troubleshooting.
- Solution oriented with non-traditional thinking, critical thinking, and efficient decision-making driving root cause/corrective action ensuring all measurables are achieved consistently.
- Actively mentor, coach, and hold accountable brewing operators as it relates to safety, quality, productivity, continuous improvement, and team harmony.
- Effectively communicate job knowledge and process changes to the operations team members and management through various forms of daily communication (shift handover meeting, daily production meetings, email, action logs, work orders, etc.).
- Audit operator performance to ensure quality inspection of product are being completed per the SOP’s
- Audit documentation to ensure it is completed which certifies completion of inventory checks, quality inspections, sanitation requirements, batch and blending production following SOP’s, and basic maintenance tasks.
- Drive preventative and routine operator maintenance program including operator checks and lubrication of machinery and equipment.
- Effective escalation measures taken for safety, equipment and/or personnel issues for immediate resolution.
- Ensure cross-training of team members, maximize use of all available resources, and overall team competency.
- High School diploma or equivalent required. Associates degree and/or Trade Certification preferred.
- 2+ years of supervisory/leadership experience in production environment.
- Demonstrated and effective use of computer skills such as MS Office, Teams, OneNote and email.
- Preferred bi-lingual English/Spanish.
- Strong work ethic and willingness to take on any task.
- Reliable and punctual - must adhere to attendance and absenteeism policy.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and prioritize work while multitasking.
- Excellent communication skills both orally and written.
- Demonstrated ability to lead warehouse teams effectively.
- Ability to demonstrate and maintain a “can-do” and positive attitude.
- Ability to provide and receive open and regular feedback and adjust accordingly.
- Works collaboratively within various teams.
- Ability to adjust communication/leadership style as needed and when appropriate.
- Fully accountable owner of self and team behaviors and results.
- Fully understands and able to work with a sense of urgency.
- Ability to manage well under pressure while staying true to the company values.
- Fast-paced and constantly changing work environment
- Shift work including days, evenings, overnight shifts up to 12 hrs.
- Overtime work, including weekends and holidays as needed
- Ability to push/pull/move up to 50lbs.
- Ability to stand 8-12 hours per day.
- Ability to ascend/descend stairs throughout the workday.
- Excellent hand / eye coordination including manual dexterity.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|Upload Resume to Start an Application|
|Contact us via conventional means.||You may contact us by e-mail at readySCSupport@sctechsystem.edu, or apply for a job in person at your local Department of Employment and Workforce office. Locate your nearest office.|