Thorne - Facilities Maintenance Technician
|Date Opened||2/18/2021 10:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||12/17/2021 2:00:00 PM|
In Cooperation With
Trident Technical College
is assisting with the recruitment and training for
Thorne Research’s mission is to redefine what it means to be well and to continue to push the limits of human potential. Their belief is that good health can always be made better. Because no one should be limited by a definition of health that is anything less than optimal. Finding out what your body needs is only half the solution. Giving it to you is the other half. They offer personal at-home tests to help understand your health and supplements to unlock your full potential.
Potential employment opportunities exist for:
Facilities Maintenance Technician
POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for maintenance and repair of buildings, grounds, utilities, and equipment.
- Perform semi-skilled installation and repair work in maintenance electrical, plumbing, carpentry, mechanics, and HVAC.
- Complete and document routine service requests, equipment inspections and preventative maintenance tasks at appropriate intervals and by assigned due dates to ensure safe and efficient operations
- Complete minor remodeling and equipment installation projects
- Coordinate outside vendor service calls and minor projects
- Assist with development of preventative maintenance SOPs
- Support production equipment maintenance
- Maintain all assigned equipment areas in a constant state of inspection-readiness, including cleanliness, safety, and compliance with cGMP requirements.
- Work with Production, Engineering, and Quality on new system installations or modifications
- Assist in projects for facility modification, capacity expansion, and efficiency improvements
EXPERIENCE / COMPETENCIES / PROFICIENCIES: EXPERIENCE / COMPETENCIES / PROFICIENCIES – Satisfactorily achieving and/or meeting the following Experience, Competencies, and Proficiencies are essential duties of the job:
Experience and/or Education: By training, education and/or experience, employee must be able to perform the essential duties of the job. High school diploma or general education degree (GED) is required. Associates Degree in a relevant technical field, or completion of a formal apprenticeship preferred. Licensing or trades certification in areas of expertise preferred. Previous experience in Pharmaceutical, Biotech, or Food manufacturing preferred.
Minimum 4 years’ experience in commercial facility operations and maintenance required. 2+ years’ experience in at least two of the following trades: carpentry, plumbing, electrical, HVAC, mechanics or pneumatics required.
Language Ability: Employee can read and understand written directions in English, including Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMPs), and the Thorne Research Employee Handbook. The Encapsulation Operator follows instructions, both verbal and written, and communicates effectively with supervisors and fellow employees.
Math Ability: Employee can add, subtract, multiply, and divide in the units of measurement using whole numbers and decimals (for example, grams).
Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
Computer Skills: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS Being able to meet the Physical Demands of the job is an essential duty of the job.
An Equal Opportunity Employer