Thorne - Material Handler
|Date Opened||2/18/2021 10:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||12/31/2021 11:59:00 PM|
In Cooperation With
Trident Technical College
is assisting with the recruitment and training for
Thorne Research’s mission is to redefine what it means to be well and to continue to push the limits of human potential. Their belief is that good health can always be made better. Because no one should be limited by a definition of health that is anything less than optimal. Finding out what your body needs is only half the solution. Giving it to you is the other half. They offer personal at-home tests to help understand your health and supplements to unlock your full potential.
- Becomes knowledgeable of the applicable provisions of the Inventory Warehouse Department’s Standard Operation Procedures (SOPs) and current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMPs) and follows them. Employee remains knowledgeable on an ongoing and timely basis as changes in the SOPs and cGMPs occur.
- Becomes cross-trained in the Inventory Warehouse areas.
- Assists to perform daily inventory counts and maintains integrity of accountable supplies, ensuring quality is not compromised.
- Operates a wide variety of industrial warehouse equipment including a forklift, pallet jack, hand truck, ect. to store, rotate, or issue supplies daily.
- Becomes forklift certified.
- Directly responsible for the cleanliness and organizational structures of the warehouse, using standard industrial practices (First In/First Out, labels facing out, items stored six inches off the floor, etc.).
- Responsible for the flow of warehouse activities, while adhering to OSHA and localized safety standards.
- Observes the daily flow of the production department and determines which job duty has priority.
- Actively participates in required training and development programs and electives as suits one’s needs, and support colleagues, trainers, and management as appropriate with these efforts.
- Receives and verifies incoming raw materials, ensuring accepted materials are in adequate condition by observing containers, cartons, bags and/or drums.
- Verifies materials are intact and not punctured, defaced, or contaminated.
- Enters the received material into the computer system.
- Receives and verifies packaging materials received to ensure they are correct and in usable condition.
- Utilizes equipment (forklift, hand truck, pallet jack, etc.) in receiving area and ensures safety is not compromised.
- Must be able to work an entire 8-, 10-, or 12- hour shift, and overtime as assigned, when necessary, in a warehouse environment.
- Must be able to see and read small print.
- Must be able to hear and converse with supervisors and other employees.
- Must be able to operate, activate, use, prepare, and clean equipment, occasionally grasping with force and using twisting wrist movements.
- Must be able to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl as circumstances arise during a shift.
- Must be able to move or lift items weighing up to 55 pounds from floor to table and from table to floor, often repetitively, during an 8-, 10- or 12-hour shift.
- Must have sufficient range of motion with arms and hands to reach overhead and to the side, often repetitively, during an assigned shift.
- Must be able to ascend/descend a ladder while carrying up to 20 pounds of materials
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|Contact us via conventional means.||You may contact us by e-mail at readySCSupport@sctechsystem.edu, or apply for a job in person at your local Department of Employment and Workforce office. Locate your nearest office.|