Thorne - Quality Micro Analyst
|Date Opened||2/18/2021 11:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||12/31/2021 11:59:00 PM|
In Cooperation With
Trident Technical College
is assisting with the recruitment and training for
- Know and follow the Quality Control (QC) Department policies and procedures and Thorne Research policies and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Follow Laboratory procedures and attention to detail is essential.
- At work as scheduled, starts work at the beginning of a shift, is on time to meetings, complete assigned tasks in a timely manner, and works overtime as required.
- Attention to detail in all aspects of lab procedures, follows department procedures and company policy, and complete all paperwork accurately, neatly, and fully.
- Perform the testing of raw materials and finished products to ensure materials are of acceptable microbiological quality and free from objectionable microorganisms.
- Demonstrate initiative and job knowledge by suggesting ideas, discovering new and better ways of accomplishing goals. Finds innovative, well thought-out solutions to problems.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable regulations of oversight agencies such as FDA, TGA, and NSF, as well as all company policies and procedures.
- Perform laboratory housekeeping and cleaning duties.
- Assist with departmental needs and vacancies.
- Employee gets along with co-workers and supervisors. Employee responds appropriately to criticism and instructions from supervisors. Employee follows the Standards of Conduct as outlined in the latest version of the Thorne Research Employee Handbook.
- Employee ensures that all microbiology testing equipment is operational, well maintained, and accurately calibrated.
- Maintain inventory and oversees the ordering of microbiology testing supplies and equipment.
- Must be able to prioritize their work for the day (week) and follow through with that plan under minimal supervision.
- Maintain records of all microbiology tests performed and their corresponding results.
- Demonstrate competency in traditional microbiology techniques including sterile technique, streaking surface-plates for isolated colonies, calculating cell titers, conducting serial dilutions, and plating product suspensions.
- Forecast need for microbiological media and prepares new media accordingly.
- Seek formal and informal performance assessments of self, including performance
- Develop and deliver on assigned objectives within requested timeframes.
- Demonstrate excellent time management skills and efficiency.
- Possess the ability to provide technical support to coworkers and/or supervisors.
- Possess good interpersonal skills.
- Engage others in a positive manner.
- Possess strong attention to detail.
- Possess strong verbal and communication skills.
- Raise issues and concerns promptly.
- Document and present work in a clear and concise manner.
- Possess knowledge of the computers and software required to accomplish the Responsibilities of the job.
- Must be able to work in a stationary position as well as move about unassisted.
- Must be able to safely and carefully operate and use assigned equipment and machinery.
- Must be able to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl as circumstances arise during the course of a shift.
- Must be able to operate, activate, use, prepare, and clean equipment, occasionally grasping with force and using twisting wrist movements.
- Must be able to hear and converse with supervisors and other employees.
- Must be able to see and read small print. Cannot be colorblind.
- Must be able to learn organoleptic skills.
- Must be able to work in a moderate noise level environment.
- Must be able to occasionally lift and/or move items weighing up to 30 pounds from floor to table and from table to floor.
- Must have sufficient range of motion with arms and hands to reach overhead and to the side during a 12-, 10- or 8-hour shift.
- Must be able to work a 12-, 10- or 8-hour shift and overtime as assigned.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|Contact us via conventional means.||You may contact us by e-mail at readySCSupport@sctechsystem.edu, or apply for a job in person at your local Department of Employment and Workforce office. Locate your nearest office.|