Airborne Technologies - AllClear - Manufacturing Assembler
|Company||Airborne Technologies - AllClear|
|Date Opened||11/8/2021 12:00:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||11/26/2021 11:59:00 PM|
Regular, Full-Time; Non-Exempt
Piedmont, S.C, USAllClear is the military aftermarket industry’s leading provider of mission-ready solutions, providing excellence in sustainment to U.S. militaries and its allies. Headquartered in El Segundo, California, AllClear’s sustainment solutions cover over 25 of the most utilized military aircraft platforms, supported with distribution agreements from leading OEMs, in-house and managed repair services, engineered products, and manufacturing capabilities.
- Work collaboratively with team members in the fabrication, assembly, integration of aircraft parts and components.
- Work to manufacturing project planning and scheduling timeline to assure execution and delivery of products and services.
- Use tools to perform tasks, including but not limited to drills, angle motors, shears, drill press, and pneumatic hand tools.
- Assemble and integrate assemblies utilizing different techniques.
- Performs assembly operations such as trimming, filing, drilling, riveting, reforming, and fitting of parts and details, and removing burrs or other surface imperfections, as required.
- Perform manufacturing tasks per job work instructions, record data and procedural information.
- Exercise discretion in determining and interpreting most efficient manufacturing process.
- Work in a safe and efficient manner while maintaining a clean, FOD-free work area.
- Inspect own work and identify and report non-conformities
- Perform equipment duties in accordance with standard operating procedures.
- Assist with daily manufacturing operations.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- High School Degree or General Education Degree; or 3-5 years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Previous experience in aviation, aerospace and/or manufacturing experience desired· Certification in machine shop technology, blueprint reading and GD&T desiredRequired Skills:
- Language: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply a general understanding to carry out detailed, written and oral instructions. Ability to deal with and solve problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Mathematical Ability: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Other Abilities: Must be able to use shop tools, handbooks, tables, and charts. Must know proper rakes and clearances of tool bits and drills. Must have proficiency in using precision measuring instruments, such as calipers, micrometers, depth gauges, tape measure, indicators, etc. Must be able to read and interrupt detailed blueprints, drawings, and work orders. Must be proficient with the operations of manual mills, drill presses, routers, band saws, belt sanders, table saws, and hydraulic presses.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee must be able to stand 6 to 8 hours a day. Must be able to work with their hands, arms and be extremely accurate. Must be able to walk, sit, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl on a regular basis. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Must be able to lift and/or move up to 40 pounds on an occasional basis.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving high-speed machinery and mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions. outside weather conditions, machine oils, metal fillings, acetone, paints, solvents, grease, cutting fluids, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and risk of electrical shock or vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.