E & J Gallo Winery - Materials Recycle Coordinator
|Company||E & J Gallo Winery|
|Date Opened||12/13/2022 09:20:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||6/1/2023 11:59:00 PM|
|Location||Fort Lawn, SC|
is assisting with the recruitment and training for
- Engages in the collecting, handling, sorting, and scheduling the pick-up of recyclable material at the Chester County Campus; oversees the work of vendors conducting onsite pick-up to ensuring that they are performing in a safe and OSHA compliant manner.
- Uses forklift to sort recycling materials as needed.
- Conducts plant and warehouse audits to identify material waste improvement opportunities; communicates results on a weekly scorecard.
- Reports out various waste diversion and recycling metrics during weekly Gemba walks.
- Regularly monitors recycling barrels and totes placed around production areas; coordinates the pick-up of materials and the return of receptacles to vendors.
- Reviews payments for recycled materials from vendors, tracks and reconciles amounts to provide reports to supervisor.
- Participates in organizational continuous improvement efforts by applying Lean principles to management of recycling/waste diversion program.
- Engages in meetings and presentations to educate departments on waste diversion and recycling efforts; attends corporate environmental meetings ensuring a consistent adherence of program.
- Oversees and orders the on-hand inventory of items used in the execution of warehouse operations (void fillers, airbags, pallets, slip sheets, stretch wrap, glue etc..).
- Analyzes production schedule to determine when to add/ replenish inventory and how much will be needed.
- oIdentifies when inventory levels are or could become low adversely impact warehouse operations; orders items from vendors when required.
- Functions as the point of contact for warehouse vendors; schedules and tracks the deliveries.
- Works with supplier development department to open new warehouse PO’s.
- Performs daily, monthly, and annual pallet inventory counts used for shipping; adjust inventory for the transactions that are missed.
- Maintains satisfactory attendance, to include timeliness.
- Responsible for understanding and complying with applicable quality, environmental and safety regulatory considerations. If accountable for the work of others, responsible for ensuring their understanding and compliance.
- High school diploma or State-issued equivalency certificate plus 4 years of corporate recycling program management, production/operations, material handling, or shipping/receiving experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility.
- Valid driver’s license and successful completion of background check. Required to obtain a California driver’s license or appropriate state driver’s license within 30 days of hire.
- Skilled in the use of MS Word, MS Excel, and MS Outlook at a basic level.
- Required to lift, push, or pull up to 75 pounds of material.
- Required to obtain a forklift operators certification upon hire.
- Required to possess Gallo Safety Awareness training or undergo training at the time of hire.
- Skilled in reading, comprehending, interpreting, and executing simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Skilled in writing simple correspondence.
- Skilled in adding, subtracting, multiplying, and dividing using whole numbers.
- Required to travel to company offices, sites, and/or meeting locations for onboarding, training, meetings, and events for development, department needs, and business delivery up to 5% of the time, with or without reasonable accommodation. This may be in addition to travel requirements, if applicable, as listed in this job description.
- Bachelor’s degree plus 2 years of corporate recycling program management or material handling experience; OR High school diploma or State-issued equivalency certificate plus 6 years of corporate recycling program management or material handling experience.