Oshkosh Defense - Welder
|2/8/2024 08:00:00 AM
|3/22/2024 11:59:00 PM
Oshkosh Defense stands behind those
who dedicate their lives to protecting others.
As an industry-leading vehicle manufacturer, every day we strive to meet
or exceed our customers' ever-changing needs with next generation technologies
and advanced systems. We operate with
unparalleled commitment to those who depend on our products and services
worldwide to perform their missions.
- Operate an overhead crane to maneuver parts safely into place.
- Adjust welding parameters according to defined Welding Procedure Specifications.
- Heat and grind metal parts and components using hand tools, torch, or welding equipment.
- Welds components in flat, horizontal, vertical, or overhead positions.
- Assemble and weld various metal parts together using clamps and various types of production tooling.
- Properly position material/parts to be welded.
- Train and work in various areas of production in response to production demands.
- Ability to read blueprints, interpret welding symbols, and understand weld defects.
- Operate, setup and trouble shoot industrial laser cutting systems
- Use basic measurement tools to validate part dimensional conformance preferred
- Drilling and deburring of fabricated components preferred
- Read and interpret engineering drawings and blueprints preferred
- Attention to detail necessary to adhere to quality standards.
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Mentoring and training new team members to set them up for success
- Work in both team and individual settings.
- All other duties and responsibilities that are assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED
- 6 plus months of Manufacturing experience
Equal Opportunity Employer
Or your local SC Works office
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Application NOW using the Internet.
|Contact us via conventional means.
|You may contact us by e-mail at readySCSupport@sctechsystem.edu, or apply for a job in person at your local Department of Employment and Workforce office. Locate your nearest office.